Thursday 3 December 2009

Safety in Postage...

Well, the hearts are done. Photographed badly. And posted. So no matter how many times I panic over them, or how often the nagging doubt creeps back, there's nothing else I can do. Now, if you are involved in the swap, please forgive me for previewing them here. But I reckon it may be easier on you if I dilute the horror by exposing them here...you can keep coming back then, and the shock won't be so great when you get one!
So they're wooden hearts painted and glittered on the back, and on the front I've used blue pearl gloss paper, old book pages and pink glitter to loosely 'represent' the Union Jack. I mean loosely of course, and I mean no disrespect. They are glittery to within an inch of my life, and I think individually, nestled in the low light and green fronds of a christmas tree, they may be OK. Of course, I can't photograph them under those conditions - I'm about a fortnight away from putting up a tree, for a start!
A badly lit close up doesn't help,but shows the vintage-y creased look I was playing for...the pink St George's Cross (for want of a less serious description!) is done with Glossy Accents so adds relief, and also is more 'scribbly' than it looks.
I think that's enough excuses. Now, I have 10 hearts left over. All painted by Miss Dunnit on one side with red and gold, a couple are glittered on the other side. All have a pair of holes drilled in them - as per the pics! If you want them, let me know.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for you that they are completed. What's next???
I would be honoured to have one of Miss D's hearts.
LN

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I made that as clear as mud then, sorry Lady Nurse..they are NOT decorated and ready..merely the left overs that were painted in preparation...I was intending to give them away as a job lot to an alterer or other mad person!

Milliesmarvels said...

Hi Julia, your hearts look fab and I'm sure the recipients will be totally chuffed to bits with them when they get them as part of the swap. If you still have some left ready for me to alter, I would gladly take a couple off your hands, just drop me an email to milliesmarvels@gmail.com and I will send you an SAE if you still have some spare :-)
Jane
x

Smudgemakes said...

I think your hearts look fab!! I would love one! Would you some of my birds in the tree images in return??? email me at clare-fairclough@o2.co.uk if you have any spare!!! clare xx

Smudgemakes said...

Missed out the work like!!! would you 'like' some of my stamped birds in the tree images in return???

Angie said...

I am sure your hearts will be recieved with pleasure they are great fun ...love the book pages part. As much as I would love the hearts to use I feel that I was lucky to get your RAK so am trying not to ask lolxx

Pam said...

Julia i'm sure your hearts will be well received even more so if they have read all the trials and tribulations you have been through to finish them. Hugs Pam

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

They look lovely Julia and I'm wishing I was part of the swap ;) As for my tags, to be fair I am following Tim's instructions so it's difficult not to make something reasonable. Having said that I'm sure we all know people who for example can't follow a recipe (well they may follow it but the result may not be good) so following Tim's instructions is no guarantee of success! Ha!
Anne xx

Charlie said...

I looove reading your "crazy" blog entries - these look lovely so go ahead and tell yourself your a very talented lady.

Mole said...

/your creations look pretty cool to me!

Carmen said...

These are fabulous! Blimey but you are hard on yourself. Really love the Union Jack idea - that's so 'in' right now dontcha know?

Lyn said...

I agree with Carmen, Jules, you are just too hard on yourself! Anyhoo - didn't you say they are going overseas? They will love them as artistic representation of your proud country.