Friday 1 April 2011

So how was your day?

With the aid of flash photography, you can see the view from the stool and the computer. It's 8.20 pm and the use of natural light and daytime free time to get ready for the crop is no longer an option. Ask me what I've been doing all day that was so important. Thanks for asking - honestly? Nothing really. I did paperwork while the gammon cooked - so I have a contribution to the Pot Luck. I flitted about the house a bit, put a couple of loads of laundry on, made a bed...you know. Collected Mr Dunnit from work, made a sandwich for lunch, took him back to work, scored some green points for recycling at Tesco - jammed the machine up in the process. Honestly, they're so sensitive. Visited The Range to buy a box frame - £7.50. Bill came to £32......no other crafty stuff, so just don't ask, huh - be like Mr Dunnit - totally impervious to it - worn down over the years. Went to see LLJan for a cuppa and a chat, came back, did a smidge of food shopping, collected Mr Dunnit from work, came home, had a cuppa and a chat about weekend logistics between the three of us, cooked tea. Mr Dunnit has gone off for a well deserved game of darts. And I'm here. And the little piles of paper are still there, mocking me. I dunno. It's probably better that I do it now at this time of day when I'm starting to feel cross with myself and generally tired. I mean, imagine how long it would take if I looked forward to it and actually had time to care about selections! However, after I've made all my selections...I have to pack. And to do that, I have to unpack. Yep, yesterday's workshop stuff is still in the tote. Apparently I've been too busy. Good job I'm having tomorrow to myself.
Have a lovely weekend.

15 comments:

Ciara said...

Flying by the seat of your pants again Mrs D!

I'm planning to tidy my desk so I'm not ashamed when I see how tidy yours is :)

Helen said...

So you've not had time to sort some papers, huh? I am sure there was a spare 5 minutes in that packed itinerary somewhere...
Have a great time tomorrow!

Sarah said...

Julia - are you writing my diary? I wish the Olympics would instate PFA (procrastinating faffing around) as a sport because I could set up my tent on the rostrum - I'll bring a sleeping bag for you...
I've no idea why we do it to ourselves - every time...all I can say is - put on some flippin' good music, pull rank on that paper 'cos you hold the blade, file the frustration under "it's just the way I am..." and have a stonking good time tomorrow! Thinking of you,


Sarah

Linby said...

I struggled to find anything to buy in the Range in Nottm! I wanted some of the pampered pets stamps but they only had one left (not one I wanted typical!). Have a good day tomorrow.
Linbyx

Annie said...

My day was pretty busy too :-)....made two ordered cards [yes I actually do make some cards] made 6 zipped cushion covers, converted a pair of trousers into maternity ones [no money involved there though as they were for daughter M],did all my books up to date, went supermarket shopping, came back to cook tea and am now sat knitting :-).....just another day in the life of Annie eh? :-)
Hope you have a fab weekend....we are off to see Kylie Minogue in Manchester....wahoooo.
Hugs,
A x

Anonymous said...

Glad your day looks a bit like mine. Sometimes when ES or OH come in and see what they think I haven't done I want to write it all down but then think maybe not a good idea really. Sometimes 'stuff' just eats time doesn't it.
Have a good day tomorrow and enjoy your 'me ' time and enjoy not having to account for what you haven't done.
x Tricia

kelly said...

looks abit like my house at the moment!!!!

Fuchsia said...

Gawd I feel worn out reading all that LOL
I had a nice Mothers day Lunch with my Lovely Sister in laws after I cleaned the bathroom changed the beds and cleaned up my craft stuff.
I had a nice day x

donnalouiserodgers said...

It's tomorrow already and I didn't finish today yet that is what kind of day friday was - but I canna sleep unless i have had art time...

what day is it now?
Dx

Kirsty.A said...

Sounds like a normal-enough day! I guess you could have miltitasked and done your food shopping while at Tesco, but other than that? Have fun tomorrow

sandra de said...

And I'm sure it was all done with a smile. Have a fab crop.

JoZart Designs said...

I know exactly what you are saying as I might have written it myself. At the moment I am trying hard to motivate myself to unpack the remains of the fab Art Doll workshop I went to yesterday. Everything is lined up down the hall and it looks far more than I ever took to the workshop! How can 2 bags become 5 !?!? what am I writing this for?... you guessed it... to get out of tidying away the remains of the day!!
JoZarty x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope you are having a wonderful day at the crop. I love reading what you have written, and I'm sure I'll be huffing and puffing at the gate this Wednesday. I'm just sorry I've had to miss all the fun around your place for the past several weeks. Hopefully I'm better and will be heading to the post office tomorrow. So, I hope your day is perfect at the crop, and my being late doesn't mean I care any less that you had a great day. Hope it's fun.

Pam said...

Hi Hon curtains are on my blog just for you!!

Pam

Scrapcollectr said...

Just checkin' in and finding out that we aren't that different after all..... as John Lennon said "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." hee hee. Somehow your packing for a crop and my paying my bills are equally avoided until I suspect it's waited long enough.
Hope your crop was fun!