Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter Domestics...

I've just hung a load of washing out and was disappointed that it's a bit dull and hmm, possibly chilly. How quickly we adapt - the last week has been so utterly beautiful, so reflecting a climate that I'd like to have been born into, that I'd forgotten that even a late Easter can be beastly cold; I'm sure this one will warm up, after all, it's relatively early. OK, early if you're under twenty! Mr Dunnit is having today off - I think that the new business feeling is starting to wear off a bit and he's learning not to take every job no matter what the delivery pressure....so next time there's a 4 day holiday, he can have at least 3 days off. Shhh, I haven't told him it's next weekend...in case he starts back tracking rather quickly! After I've finished daily chores, we'll wake the teenager, leave instructions and then we're going out together. I know. Miracle. To his sister's - she needs a new window board for her kitchen and it needs to be measured today, before they go out.......I recognise this 'want it now' desperation, but really, if you've been without a window board for 6 months, wouldn't your brother's one day off over the weekend make you hesitate to ask? Nah - after all, they're siblings and this is how it works. Then we're off to my parents to be spoiled with a traditional Easter meal and the languishing that follows. How lovely. And then when we get home, I promise I honestly am going to set to the boring part of preparation for our summer Card Marathon - photos and instructions need writing. Am starting to actually feel guilt over not being up to date...indeed, have actively avoided talking to Scrap Lady Ally about it, so I really have to. Honestly, avoiding a friend. Shameful. So here's my first card - well a good portion of it anyway. At least it's proof I've actually made something! Card Marathon details can be found HERE if you fancy it.
Now, aren't you glad you know all about my Easter Day domestic issues? If I was a better woman, I'd have a decorated house and be doing the entertaining and this would be the sort of blog where you visit and ask 'how does she do it?'....and instead you can ask yourself - 'why doesn't she just do it?' - but you know the answer to that already. Wishing you a happy day.

14 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Happy Easter, great post to read and admire the goodies... shame there's no chocky in those eggs. Enjoy being spoiled at your parents as you need to wind down for just a while and recharge those empty batteries.
Jo x

Carmen said...

I've stopped visiting those blogs where I wonder how do they do it... they're depressing. So now you know a sure fire way to get me to stop coming here Julia *g* I love you just the way you are.

I can empathise with hubby as Craig is just the same - think it was 3am he came up last night - doesn't have a switch off button when it comes to work - would non-self employed people go to work on a long weekend like this? Nah.

Have a lovely meal with your family :)

Helen said...

Hope you are now out and enjoying your Easter Day - I haven't done anything either - I am very good an NOT doing things, lol. Not even eaten any chocolate yet.... though that's about to change, right now!

Kirsty.A said...

Enjoy your day anyway. I've made 2 chocolate cakes (look at my blog before you say 'how does she do it?) given clues for an egg hunt, been to church and now off to SIL to have lovely roast and said cake

Claire said...

Have a lovely day Julia, love the card :D I thought the Hatter was a cutie too, can't believe I didn't get my pic taken with him lol
C
xx

voodoo vixen said...

Happy Easter Julia, love your eggs, calorie free ones!! ;) Family are the worst... but try getting them to give up a day off for you... oooh totally different kettle of fish!! ;)
My dining table is decorated.... little basket of eggs, bouquet of easter eggs in a vase.... cupcakes on a plate.... just call me Martha.... LOL

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hope the part of your Easter where you are being totally spoiled by your parents is now going on, and Mr. D. is now able to take a bit of time to relax, too. Love the non-fattening eggs. They are perfect for today. No chocolate for me today, either. I had enough chocolate on my birthday.

Mummylade said...

You do amazing things so keep just doing that =)

misteejay said...

Hope you have had a wonderful day. It has been a bit cloudy here but oh so hot (not complaining - honest).

Toni xx

Lynne said...

Happy Easter Julia, fab eggs and no calories, not like the ones I've been eating today. Hope the weather holds and you had a great day. Hugs Lynne xx

Carola Bartz said...

I don't have a decorated house either... it's not only Easter for us but also my daughter's birthday. Hello teenage years... she certainly didn't sleep in today...
Happy Easter to you!!

Anonymous said...

easter.
i didn't get a darn basket.

am pretty sure it's because i don't believe in the bunny.

Xx,
Amy

Chrysalis said...

Julia, you do make me laugh! Reading your posts is just like sitting across the kitchen table with you, with a cuppa! Hope the rest of the Easter break went well. xx

Minxy said...

A BIT LATE, BUT HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY eASTER BREAK X oops caps sorry!