Monday 23 November 2015

...and back to Christmas...

The whole Christmas card making thing - man I'm nearly over it!  The 'Season' doesn't seem to have got the better of me quite so much. Yar har har. I can hear you. Incredibly stupid and famous last words huh! Yeah, but I feel in the clear for now, so I'm riding that erm, sledge.
These were I hope, fun to make and easily repeatable, which is really what you want from a Christmas card workshop that isn't intending to be the workshop where you make the really special cards for the really super special people. You know - the ones that I never make and if I did, wouldn't be able to part with because of my emotional investment. I'd end up with separation anxiety! 
I'll photo the others in daylight and share a bit later; you never know, they may help someone to come up with another idea for this year. I often 'Pin' ideas at this stage for next year. (Wait though, it's not that impressive....) A few months later when I really need Christmas inspiration, I wonder why I pinned them. Was it the whole card? An element? A colour scheme? Good grief, I think I may have to go back to a notebook and pen. Maybe cross reference them in writing with my photo gallery. Argh. It's OK gentle reader, you know that won't really happen. I shall just go on complaining and making, just as every other year!

10 comments:

Laura said...

I love the white on white card with the embossing. Classy look.

I *try* to make a note when I'm pinning something as to what I particularly like about the project. It takes a few seconds longer, but saves the later head-scratching that would surely follow otherwise.

Helen said...

Both cards are fabulous! I am saying nothing about my cards... (saving it for Wednesday, lol!) I don't do this pinning thing, my life is too crowded with computer stuff already, but I fear I will cave eventually!

April said...

Very nice. Red is my favorite color and I'm loving these cards.
April

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your cards because they are just right. Not so emotionally invested as you put it. If I had the same equipment you have, I'd make those cards, too. They are really AWESOME.

Since I'm not on Pinterest, I don't know what others are pinning, but I know they wouldn't be cards that included everything except the kitchen sink.

Nikki said...

Boy are we the opposite when it comes to making cards I have such a hard time making sets of the same I end up with every card different in some way or another. I'm trying to make simpler ones because I want mail able choices. But I really like you white card that is sharp looking
Hugs
Nikki

misteejay said...

Two lovely cards Julia.
I really must get moving and finish off mine.
Toni xx

Sue said...

Love the cards.

Hope you have a nice day. Sue

Barb said...

Two really lovely cards Julia. I love those little flowery robins. I don't understand how pinning works but love having a look. Barbxx

Neet said...

Loving both those cards. I think the mitten one is fabulous as I like 'clean' cards.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon said...

I just can't seem to get into the Christmas card making mood. I really do need to. Want to get the cards off to Mum and sisters next week or soon. I don't have any excuse this year not to get them out early!