Sunday 21 September 2014

I think its about Bad Memory...

Remember some time ago I said (bragged) that I put finished LOs away immediately and the filling album gave me a sense of satisfaction?  Well, when I was clearing and cleaning yesterday, I discovered - much to my surprise - that I've fallen off that wagon.  There were 9 LOs sitting politely in a pile on top of the album. Maybe I'd run out of page protectors?  No.  I  must have been interrupted and massively distracted. Yeah, that's it. Called away at the crucial moment, to something that clearly was so important that it wiped my memory.  Yah..like I need to be reminded to tidy up...that particular thought smacks me in face at the threshold of every room chez Dunnit.

 I average about 3 or 4 layouts at a Crop and I only ever scrapbook on a Crop day, then you can see that potentially, I haven't filed for three months.  I'm shocked!  But the advantage was that I had a ten minute 'filing fest' that gave me the chance to look over the last quarter's output and it was nice.  The first thing I have to congratulate myself over (and you just have to take my word for this) is that even the most recent LOs don't include any new stash.  The papers in particular, came from the depths of the pile. That's a good thing.  It doesn't mean I'm not buying new paper, but at least I'm rotating the stock!  

Photographing them makes me think my colour choices are a bit off - the pen colour on the first LO seems a better match in real life, as did the title on this second one...ah well. One thing I can say, hand-on-heart and with absolute certainty...now they're filed, they will not be changed!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some wonderful layouts too!!!! I know you're happy you came across them!!!

Kirsty.A said...

Lovely. I especially like the torn border on Swarm. I often forget to do that

Monica said...

Just love your posts as it makes might guilt over forgetting I had that already melt away. we are just human.

Sue said...

Fab LOs. I've not done any LOs for ages.

Hope the week ahead is a good one for you.

Helen said...

Love them! You may remember I did 2 layouts some months ago, having always sworn I was never going to. Of course they are still in the pizza box I put them to take to show someone somewhere! but no point having an album for 2 layouts is there.. they're on that chair from this week's WOYWW, lol!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Somehow my monitor got all wonky about a week ago, so the colors don't look right anyway. But it sounds like you are a bit like me, and obsess over color choices, about the only design element I'm good at. Regardless, feel free to use MY monitor and you'll not be unhappy with these two beautiful entries.

Another thing I agree with you on. Once a page, whether in an AB, or for a challenge, is finished, it's DONE. I won't ever go back and rework it, unless it's 1)something so bad I cant stand it AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANT 2)it's a gift or swap item for someone else. I don't rework stuff I'm keeping.

505whimsygirl said...

Hello dear Julia,

Oh, you really know how make a girl laugh! I definitely recognize myself in your post. I have things strewn about in different rooms that I need to file things away.

Your pages are great, by the way. The photos in the first one looks like it was a hand off of a cheesecake? A bit precarious.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Kay

Carola Bartz said...

I wish I had a pile of LO to file away! I haven't scrapped for I don't know how long! Your LO are beautiful and I don't really see mismatched colors here. And anyway, who cares?? It's the memory that counts!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Those are some very nice layouts! Such colors...love them!

Sharon Madson said...

Your pages are great, and the colors are not off!

misteejay said...

I haven't 12x12 scrapped for ages - mostly done mini books.
Love the 'fudge' card on the first LO. Lovely LOs Julia.

Toni xx

Ohhh Snap said...

I'm with Elizabeth and monitors. But sometimes things I make look fabulous in person, but the camera has the oh no not that colour filter on when I take a picture (not that yours had that). Anyway I love the layouts! You are 8 ahead of me this year lol.

Unless you count re-works, then you are only up by 6. The only way I stop re-working something usually is to give it away. But I figure if it bugs me, it's just easier to fix it then cringe when I see it.