Saturday 25 June 2011

Back to the ink pad thing...

Just for a minute. And just to introduce fairness and clarity into my campaign against anything that drives me nuts. I'm a forty something fat bird with a lot of life, so there are a few things that get me going these days! Annnnyway, as suggested, I dropped Ranger a line about my disappointing Adirondack experience. I had a really nice response, reassuring and calm. And an offer to replace the rogue ink pad via their UK distributor. I declined. After all, it's a new ink pad
and despite every indication to the contrary, I can cope and I don't want to be wasteful.
Shopkeeper Gal has a new(ish) pad in her own stash which has a beautifully snug and firm fitting lid.
So I'll shut up about it now. Although this will not stop me whining in a knee-jerk 15 year old Orange County teenager type way when things don't automatically work out for me. Don't be shocked. It's like being nagged really - the more I do it, the less you hear it!


6 comments:

akilli melek said...

Julia I think that pad will drive you nuts in the end. I would take them up on their offer. How often have you used it since you got it?

I know i would rather have one that kept shut, but then most of my ink pads suffer from 30-50 oC all summer so maybe more important for me to stop them drying out.
caroline

fairyrocks said...

Its all good then,
Cudos to you for keeping the ink and coping.

Morti said...

Just wondering if there's anything you can stick to the inside of the lid on one side to make it a more snug fit?

voodoo vixen said...

Take the replacement Julia!! Otherwise you are going to look like a random nutter who has moaned and groaned and whined and blogged and then says... no, that's ok... I'll keep it! Eh? No!! LOL We know and love you.... they may just put it down to English eccentricity but I doubt it...

donnalouiserodgers said...

reassuring calmness REALLY drives me nuts,

give me chaos panic disorder please.

oh and what is more chaotic than loose lids?

loose drawers??

Dx

Ohhh Snap said...

Gorgeous project btw :D. I second getting a replacement.