Wednesday 27 December 2023

What's On Your your Workdesk? Wednesday 760

Posting this early early...just remembered a ridiculous appointment at the gym first thing on Wednesday morning (seemed like a good idea last week when the gym was encouraging us to 'squeeze' one session in between Christmas and New Year!)

Happy happy betwixtmas gentle desker. I very much hope that Christmas has been kind to you; I must say it seems strange to be writing this so close to Christmas, it's been a struggle to keep the days straight...I wonder if it would be kinder on brains like mine if we could make Christmas always fall on a Sunday? You know, a moveable feast like Easter. Would certainly help me!
And because in the run up to it, I was confused by the whole Christmas on a Monday thing, turned out that Christmas Eve found us ready earlier than anticipated! So, we went for a walk and then, I made a couple of scrapbook LOs! Colour you surprised? Colour ME surprised!
 So here is how it looks right now. Not too bad actually! The sheet of tissue paper with the little charms in are a Christmas Day addition, a present from Elizabeth . I love them, thank you! The worktop sides are cleared and clutter free. Although, despite what you may think, it was just untidy; I do not feel the need to have a de-clutter in order to work better. What I've got, I like! The A3 paper has been successfully homed and all is well - even a little productive! 

Now as we turn our faces to the clean slate of a new year, there is some good news and I hope, a really fab way to start your new diary....A WOYWW CROP! On the 18th May. Save the date, details of course, will follow, but the date is set, and learn more over at Sarah's blog. a>,  as she is to be our hostess. Fab, huh!

So when you've taken all that in, please remember to show us your desk, table, worktop....whatever you're doing: baking, writing thank you letters, crafting, eating, booking a holiday....please show and tell! Our last desk hop of the year. All the cliches about time passing and speed of time apply. Just in case you don't venture back this way between Wednesdays - Happy New Year to you, may it be all it promises and all that you need. 



18 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Woo hoo! I am first! I was going to leave till morning, but I couldn’t resist seeing if I could make it to first! No crafting has been done in any shape or form, normal life will be resumed shortly 🤣🤣🤣. Happy New Year and happy WOYWW. Angela #1

Robyn said...

Grateful we are still typing at eachother after all these years, and finding time to add color and creativity into our worlds. May it be ever so- Happy new year! Robyn 2

BJ said...

Yay for scrapping over the holidays, go you. Glad the A3 is homed. Link to the Crop for Sarah's blog isn't working I'm afraid. Happy New Year to you. Hugs BJ#3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I totally agree on mixed up days. Seems I make no headway on any project I start. We've missed the snow storms and will spend a day traveling for our Christmas with my son and family. Lots to load up/I made a list. Enjoy the New Years Celebrations.

Mary Anne said...

Happy Christmas and peeking back, a lovely tree. Hope your day was wonderful. My desk has not seen me for dust in days lol! Hoping the woyww crop is down south this year so I can make it! Sadly when I click the link I get page not found, boo hoo. Must head outside to batten down the hatches (or at least the garden furniture) but back soon to desk hop and check again,
Happy Woyww!
Mary Anne

Neet said...

Well, I am obviously muddled as I didn't know it was Wednesday today so Tuesday I was in the land of forget everything.
Lovely to see you are as confused as I am by dates and things but i would get in more muddle if they suddenly changed Christmas Day and made it a moveable feast. (get that, clever at this early hour for me)
Delighted to see the Crop is happening - and a new venue - exciting. Hopefully will be there.
Happy New Year to you
Hugs, neet 7 xx

Helen said...

Happy Betwixtmas to you too, I noticed last night you'd posted early but left linking and commenting till this morning.
It only occurred to me halfway through the evening that it was time to write a WOYWW post for today.
I will just about have re-trained my body clock not to wake before the alarm that is turned off, when it is time to turn it back on and go back to work... for now I am going back to bed with my cuppa! I hope you enjoy the trip to the gym....

It is very exciting that there is a crop to look forward to in May, thanks to Sarah.

Happy WOYWW all. Helen xx


Twiglet said...

I'm glad it's not just me who struggled to keep up with the days. I wasn't stressed but it certainly would be lovely always to have a Christmas weekend. Glad you found time for a bit of gentle crafting. Happy New Year and thanks so much for keeping our happy little gang in good od order. Hugs x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Julia, great to hear you survived Christmas and are managing the gym today. I have no idea what day it is most of the time since retiring but woyww has helped a lot Hee! Hee! Well done at managing some crafting too. I shall definitely put the crop date in my diary. WOYWW love to you all, Angela x11x

Susan Renshaw said...

Happy Betwixtmas!
I have only just realised that it is Wednesday!
We are off to East Gippsland tomorrow for a couple of days so not much time for crafting! But having a lovely time and hope you are too!

Catriona said...

Agree about the days being mixed up-we have horrid weather here at the moment. Our daughter keeps posting photos of sunny Lanzarote hust to rub salt in the wound! Catriona

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy New Year Julia. I am so looking forward to the crop. Being quick with my visits today as we are heading over to Mum's for her birthday soon. Stay safe, Happy WOYWW and Happy New Year. Sarah #13

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

"betwixtmas" I like that! I also like the idea of Christmas always falling on the same day of the week, whatever the date. I always find it tricky to keep track of the days at this time of year too! I hope they won't make you work too hard at the gym! I know the feeling when it sounds like a good idea at the time but when the day comes you're like "what the hell was I thinking?" LOL! Wishing you all the best for 2024, Julia! xx zsuzsa #12

Lynnecrafts said...

Happy new year to you and your family. I’ve been very mixed up about the days, too. It would be fine by me to have Christmas on a Sunday but some countries, like France, don’t get a compensatory holiday afterwards, like we do.
I love the photo of you both in your layout.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 16 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’ve been all out with the days too, even forgot to write a blog so had to cobble together this morning! You kept the Crop a secret, i hope to get to this one. Hope you have a lovely time with Miss D and Olive, Owen is going home tomorrow, we shall miss him.
Happy New Year,
Hugs LLJ 9 xx

My name is Cindy said...

I forgot it was Wednesday so haven't posted but just stopped by to see your news - 18th May is in the diary, will work out the logistics later!! Happy New Year!! I'm off over for to Lionel's for a cuddle xx

Robyn said...

I just noticed the heat gun on the floor- I hope it isn't plugged in- a friends heat gun somehow got turned on when she was not at home and it started a fire! lucky it only smoldered and smoked and no serious damage- and still please be sure to unplug them when not in use and close to anything flammable.

Spyder said...

Oh my goodness last week has caught me up and over taken me! I was soooo sure I commented last week....(knowing me, it probably got put on someones elses page!) I wish I could come to the crop, never been to one, usually coz they are a million miles from me, but you never know! I am getting braver at going places on my own! scarrrry though. Happy New Year as it's now 3rd of January! Happy WOYWW #15 ((Lyn))