Wednesday 13 December 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 758

Well, Deskers, I've moved from my real desk to the dining table. My real desk is the usual mess and the stuff on this table is more time sensitive at this point! Mr Dunnit has employed his skill and CNC machine to do some cutting for me, and I can safely show you because these presents are destined for people who don't read this.
Some explanation first, by way of an apology for the rude words.  You know the words that are often seen on very posh craft room walls...'live love laugh', 'wish' 'dream' 'create' - well these words are the antidote and are destined to fulfill orders from my sister and one of The Coven. Nice font though!
The baked bean container in the middle of the table has a couple of gnarly old brushes and some turps in it, fresh (stinky) from the workshop. I've been painting little wooden beads with red enamel paint to decorate these chopping boards...
Next they'll need a good coating of oil (cooking), and a day or two to absorb and then they'll be ready.  Hurrah! Over the next year we're going to cut a bundle of these sort of things and I'm going to have a go at a craft stall or two. Remind me, won't you?! 
Christmas decorations are still lacking, but I'm getting on it...I cleaned like a demon yesterday so the spaces for tree and such are now ready, so the next couple days will see some sparkle.
I sincerely hope that in amongst all of the hustle there is some fun and anticipation for you, if it's too much, step back for a while, seriously, having you whole and happy is more important than having anything else. See, I may be bossy, but it's caring bossy.
Meanwhile, please show and tell, I've got marshmallows now, so you non-coffe gals are at last able to have a melty hot chocolate when you come here. 

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the idea of alternative wording Julia - the chopping boards look great too. I think they would go down well at a Christmas Fayre. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Mary Anne said...

Lovely! So funny but just perfect for some. The boards look fab. What a talented guy you married, but like attracts like, right? If you do a craft fair let me know! Enjoy the tree set up. It makes it all feel so festive that we barely hit 1 December before ours went up! And speaking of festive, happy Woyww!
Mary Anne

Susan Renshaw said...

I know what that word is...
Love the chopping boards!

Helen said...

oh, I love the idea of the alternative words! the boards look fabulous too. Clever Mr D! Hope you get the tree up soon and we see it next week. I still don't have room for a tree as yet again I haven't cleared and thrown out.... perhaps next year! Happy WOYWW Helen xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Good morning Julia. I am totally confused by the first picture 😵‍💫. Lovely chopping boards. A craft fayre sounds like a project to keep you busy for most of 2024! My son cuts several shapes for tea light holders, then they get passed to my husband who does the cutting for the candle. Happy WOYWW. Angela #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Think you’re onto a winner there especially for the likes of us who want to throw up if they see another Live, Laugh etc etc. Glad you’re home ok and hope the trip to Yorkshire went as well as these things can.
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Annie said...

Hoping your trip to Yorkshire went as well as these things do. I love the chopping boards and I’m all for alternative wording…I’m sure they will cause a giggle.
Hugs,
Annie x

Twiglet said...

Wonderful woodwork. What a clever pair you are - definitely do a craft fair next time but start making in January. 😀x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That sounds like something interesting to look forward to, watching you get ready for the Craft Fair. The chopping boards are a great idea and I look forward to seeing what else you bopth come up with. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

Kyla said...

Ooh i love these, where did you buy them from, genius!!
Kyla

Catriona said...

Loved the boards and I like the rude words very much! Catriona

BJ said...

I wondered about the scrubbing out of the words and only worked out why and what after I read your post! I got a little bag from a friend with something "more" strong on it. I love it but really can't use it for anything iyswim. Well I have found a use for it, in a drawer, but that's another story completely!! Anyway the wooden words are amazing as too are the chopping boards, what great ideas and super presents. Hugs BJ#13

Neet said...

I NEED a Mr D. How wonderful those words are and the chopping boards - fantastic. Love your little touch with the red berries too.
I will forget to remind you so why not put it on the calendar for each month in the New Year - that way you are bound to get started ... well maybe!
Hugs, Neet xx 7

Lindart said...

Well, the crossed out word has me stumped, but I will get it eventually. I think I know what it is...The chopping boards are wonderful! They would definitely sell at a craft show! Maybe the words would too...Have fun decorating the tree! Lindart #16