Wednesday 6 December 2023

What's On Your Workdesk. Wednesday 757


Ha, and I thought the week before went quickly, I don't think I'm keeping up. Ably illustrated by my untouched desk....
In the pursuit of using things up, I found a handful of charity christmas cards from waaaaay back. I think I always intended to add to them, so at the weekend, I had a go. You can just about make out the ingredients, blue ink, silver leaf flakes, glue pen and stencil brush. Oh...you can't see the ton of patience I had to use.......
Here's the progression...
I think I should have used gold leaf, and I had definitely forgotten about stamping on coated board - it's like a pigging ice rink! The only plus is that if you do skid or slide the stamp, with a fast swish of a wet wipe, the ink will come off. Then you have to dry it. Ask me how I know. The other thing I learned is that if you want to stamp on these highly coated boards, you have to emboss the Versafine. It will dry without being embossed, but not without heat and not without the amount of heat that warps and browns. You're welcome. 

Anyway, today's a day for clearing this lot and actually writing in some of these cards, a job that, given the time to do it, I really enjoy! 
Tomorrow we're away up to Yorkshire, sadly for a funeral....that old cliche about family reunions occurring at weddings and funerals has really rung true this year for me. Anyway, all that to say that my visits may be even more sporadic than usual! 
We want to see what's going on in your world though, please!  

19 comments:

Mary Anne said...

How weird no Mr Linky! Maybe it will appear at some point? I think that card is lush, and their faces adorable. But wow, a lot of work per card. I never tried coated stock, but can see how stamping on ice might be a fair comparison! How many more to go? You are a wonder. Have a great Woyww day!
Mary Anne

Susan Renshaw said...

Yes...can't add to the linky...maybe later as I am off to aquarobics in a sec...

Sarah Brennan said...

Beautiful cards - worth the faff Julia. SOrry but no Mr Linky so can't link in. https://www.sarahscraftshed.co.uk/2023/12/woyww-757-new-battery.html Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #?

Helen said...

well in the absence of mr Linky... https://stampingbyh.blogspot.com/2023/12/woyww-757.html the cards look good, they were worth the effort! take care and safe journey. Helen #??

Neet said...

How strange. All the Mr Linkies have disappeared.

https://hickydorums.blogspot.com/2023/12/woyww-757.html

What a shame - such a beautiful card Julia.
Hugs, Neet xx

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely card Julia!
Susanrenshaw0404.blogspot.com

Twiglet said...

Hope all goes well for you. Lovely crafting Julia and fancy me being first on Mr Linky. x x Jo

BJ said...

It's cool adding to preprinted cards and you did a great job despite the shiny sleek surface. Hope the funeral goes OK, we have our nextdoor neighbours next Monday, she'd been our neighbour since we moved here 24 years ago, a main stay of the community, oh my. Thinking of you, Hugs BJ#6

Annie said...

I rather like what you’ve done with the cards. Hope tomorrow goes as well as these things do….will be thinking of you.
Hugs,
Annie x

Kyla said...

Never thought of adding to bought cards, brilliant idea and love it. I know what you mean about stamping on coated cards, SO skiddy. Hope it goes as well as it can tomorrow
Kyla

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Well done at using the old cards you made a good job of making them extra special. Hopeverything goes well tomorrow. Take care and happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

My name is Cindy said...

Seems like it was to my advantage this week not to link at the crack of dawn!! Ah, the frustration when a quick little project becomes a Herculean task, but well done on upcycling those cards. Sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to, as you say sometimes the only time you get to see family. The days are flying, I certainly can't keep up. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #12

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A wet wipe is the weapon of choice in many a crafting scenario! Travel well at the weekend, hope all goes ok.
Hugs LLJ 10 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Surprise...I will be taking a nap later this afternoon, couldn't sleep so here I am...We are having some great weather to be in the 50's 2 days and rain on Friday so much needed. I think funerals are a thing everywhere this past few months. And here it's retirement parties ! !! Our little town is all about the same age group...we are having empty houses fill up with young people as our taxes are cheap compared to bigger towns nearby. A good thing, more activity with the Community Clug/Church events. Your card is precious, but looks like a lot of work. ENJOY your Week, Stay Safe and know that I've missed all of you.

Crafting With Jack said...

A little late in commenting this morning. I. It iced Mr Lindy’s disappearance yesterday evening. I think it said someI about upgrading, which is what you were doing to those cards! Shiny card stock is a bit limiting though, go for stickers next time 🙃
Happy WOYWW. Hope your journey goes well and the funeral goes as well as it it’s possible. Angela #14

Christine said...

Upgrading!! rubbishing . .
Love your upcycling . . . but the silvering was so worth it.
Stay warm and safe on your travels
Christine #16

Spyder said...

I love 'em, even though they made soooo much trouble for you, in the end, they look great! That silver shine was an amazing idea! Happy WOYWW!? #18 ((Lyn))

Lindart said...

The best learning comes from trial and error! Thanks for sharing your tips! Your card turned out beautifully! So sorry about the funeral, not a great way to start the season. Lindart #19

Lynnecrafts said...

Mr Linky stuttered but then let me in - I assumed it was me! I really like the silver foil effect on your card. Well worth the hassle. Sorry to hear about your loss and I hope the funeral goes as well as it can.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13 xx