Monday 1 January 2024

A slight retrospective..

Apart from the WOYWW Anniversary ATCS, I make one a month to swap with a friend I've made through selling on eBay, of all places. Not a huge annual number, but I'm a bit frightened to commit to a regular swap in case I let a group down. So, Karen and I take it in turns to choose a monthly theme. Karen is adventurous and frankly, fearless with her choice. She is secure about her skills.Computer imagery, manipulation of images, drawing, stamping, you name it.

And as is my luck in meeting people, Karen has a fab sense of humour which often finds its way onto her ATCs. And we don't stick to obvious monthly themes either. These are in month order from top left...yes, Frankenstein was drawn for August! Huge thanks to Karen. There have been a couple of occasions in 2023 when an ATC is all that my desk has produced in a week. It's lovely to have the concentration of mind, theme and desk time. Try it.....it's a little gift every month! 

7 comments:

Helen said...

I don't write New Year Resolutions but have just scrolled back through my blog list... no posts apart from the weekly WOYWW - which means very little crafting has taken place - note to self, must do better.

That's a great set of atcs you had.
Happy New Crafting Year!

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy New Year Julia. Great ATCs. Already made a start on my #dailycollage2024!

Robyn said...

as a dedicated ATC fan, I love this idea- goin got hold it in the light and see if anything comes to it. I do put ATC's regularly in our FLAG-free little art gallery at our local library. I enjoy the giving maybe more than the receiving

Kathryn Frantz said...

Hi, there!

How about sharing your weekly themes? I’d love to give it a try. Nice little canvas without the pressure to fill up a whole page. And more probable that a tiny corner of workspace would be available….

Happy New Year!

craftyani said...

Mmmmmm must do better and commit to posting every Wednesday. I do read all every wednesday.

Lets see what tomorrow brings???
Ani

Spyder said...

I love making ATC's...I used to run a swap on a forum years ago but it fizzled out after about a year...(or maybe the forum closed) Also want to do a bit more mixed media too...I don't want to be late for WOYWW this week but i have the dentist...so...who knows.

Susan Renshaw said...

Great ATCs!
I swap with a friend each month - 4 ATCs on a theme we choose alternately. I have also been taking part in Sue McLelland's ATC Swap UK on Facebook every moth since May 2011. And then there's the Australuan swaps... I do like makings ATCs!