Sunday 2 January 2022

Pearl drops on roses….

Now that the majority of my stash is on show and within reach, I find myself thinking about the products more whilst I’m scanning the shelves to see what I can use to embellish and adorn and potentially improve whatever I’m erm, ‘working’ on. I’ve already written about my complete inability to understand why I own Washi tape. I have no problems explaining the ownership of the liquid pearly stuff. 
I really like it! I’m not a slave to a particular make; it’s the colour that attracts me first, and even the fancy packaging of the Nuvo Drops didn’t sway my opinion. For once I didn’t panic buy into the trend: I must have evolved into a slightly smarter consumer just before they hit my awareness! All the makes are good, in my opinion.  You can spread ‘em, wipe ‘em or blob ‘em. If you blob them, they dry in dimension which is incredibly useful. The Nuvo Drops bottle makes a bigger blob and in truth, pretty much dries at the size you leave wet. The Liquid Pearls dry a little smaller, evaporation being the drying technique, but once you know, you kinda make allowances and your blobs naturally enlarge to take this into account. 
I add these little round dots to lots of things, and use them to stick down gems coz then when I press the gem down too hard, at least the glue is pretty as it squeezes out from underneath. And here’s a tip…if you can, leave a good 12 hours or overnight to dry. Don’t be in a hurry to put the adorned card in a sleeve…..as you can see, it flattens the top of the blob. 

Something incredibly unusual for me…subtle use of the pearly white, just look at them snowballs. Love em! And a last and extremely well researched and scientifically proven top tip : given the required drying time, assemble the whole piece, mounting, matting, sticking, folding, whatever needs to be done, BEFORE you apply the pearls. Believe me, you’ll appreciate the research I’ve done on this, but probably not until you ignore my advice!

8 comments:

Helen said...

i wonder if liquid pearls have a shelf life... I have some in a box somewhere but not used them for ages.. wonder if they are still liquid. Your tips made me chuckle, I guess drying time is much like waiting for glitter glue to dry... i.e is it safe to touch yet.... Great post, thanks for sharing!

Robyn said...

I too love these drops! and i hope to take advantage of your good advice- against my hasty judgement! Happy new year- and my it be pearlescent !

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a cute Robin. I am not sure if I have those pearl drops, I think I have something similar - probably unusable by now! What I do have a lot 0f is those tiny crystal gems. I just don’t think about using them, they need a big arrow to remind me x Angela

okienurse said...

I love the liquid pearls and the pearl essence powder stuff...I bought into it cause I was teaching classes at stores here at home at the time. I need to find the darn things and start using them...as Helen said I wonder if they have a shelf like and are still liquid or if they have separated into a waste of money! Now I am going to have to go look...I do have all the glitter glues out so I can use them in a wire lazy susan...my issue is I want everything out within reach whether I use it or not...need to rethink this I think! Happy New Year Julia...think I am going to rejoin WOYWW...my brain seems to function now days better then the past couple years. Anoxic Brain Injuries suck...like a stroke but not!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love your card. I have these and haven't used them in awhile...Thanks for the inspiration. Hoping to do better in 2022 with USING my STUFF.

Catriona said...

I echo Helen’s comment about shelf life. The few bottles I have are split and should really go out. My DH made me a glue holder similar to the one you have your bottles in. I love the pearly white accents on the card and thanks for the advice about drying time. Happy crafting.x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, I'm with you, doesn't matter what make, it's the colour that counts. Though I did treat myself to a large number of Nuvo drops last year. I just love them and now I don't need to buy enamel dots which work out much more costly. And like I've worked that it's best to leave the drops to the last! I hadn't noticed the difference between Liquid Pearls and Nuvo drops. Every day's a school day! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

BJ said...

Oh you are a whizz. I love them too. Only have a conservative 12 bottles though. BJ