Saturday 23 March 2019

There’s a WOYWW 10 Anniversary crop and you’re invited..

Staying true to the threat that if you organise it, many of us will come, Twiglet and Wipso are hosting this year’s Crop. Every Crop is special because it’s a chance to meet the real people that you have met every week for years on your blog. But it has to be said that this year’s get together will have a slight edge as we acknowledge the tenth anniversary of WOYWW. So if you are in a position to travel please come, it will be fun. 
If you want to come, here’s what the crafty sisters have to say....

Our event will take place on June 1st 2019    10am – 4pm

It will be held at:

Radbrook Community Centre, Calverton Way, Radbrook Green, Shrewsbury SY3 6DZ

This is the link if you want to find out more    https://www.radbrook.org.uk/

The venue is about 1 mile east of the A5 junction with the A488.

It is easy to find by road and about 10 minutes from the centre of town by bus.

The bus station is a 5 minute walk from the rail station.

Bus Number 20 Radbrook Green.

There is a Premier Inn next door to the bus station but also lots of other accommodation in town, should you want it.

Lunch will be a finger food cold buffet. Cake and tea/coffee will be available all day

The cost will be £10 per person to cover food, hall fees etc.

In the past some of our lovely menfolk have also joined us so please let us know that too so we can count them in the numbers.

** We need to know numbers as soon as possible so please let Julia know by commenting on her blog. **

 

There will be the usual activities plus some celebratory frivolity!!

So…

• Bring any crafty activity you might wish to do on the day
• There will be a raffle table and, in the past most folk have donated a little raffle prize. All proceeds will go to the chosen charity for the day.
• We will also set a table aside for any items you may wish to swap/pass on to others. (If they are still there at the end of the day, please take them home with you)

I can’t put it better myself! I will transfer these details to a separate page which will be accessible as a link at the top of this blog. Meanwhile, think the power of the third thought.....
1. Read the article and immediately decide you can’t come.
2. Think about what a great day it will be, consider the distance and the accessibility - all things are possible after all.
3. Decide.Put your name down. What the hell, you’ll regret it if you don’t, after all!

Can’t wait, it will be a lot of noise, chat, laughter and food. And some crafting, of course. But not by me. I plan to be chatting.
Please let us know if you’re coming; we don’t ask for a deposit and try to stay as flexible as possible, but knowing numbers is necessary for more than just food...insurance and hall capacity and stuff that only grown ups and organisers need to know!
Thank you. 

31 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wish I could be there, but there is a big river and an even bigger pond I would have to cross. I promise to be there in spirit, even if I can't be there in person.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'll be there! Looking forward to it already πŸ’–πŸ’–

Annie said...

I’ll be there πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Annie x

Sue said...

I'm afraid it's too far for me to travel, but I will be thinking of you all on the day. Sue

Helen said...

got to sort out trains and accommodation but don't want to miss this one if possible!

Twiglet said...

Really looking forward to it - see you there! xx Jo

Neet said...

Count me in - once I got hooked on the crops I was totally hooked.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sarah Brennan said...

I'll be there, but unfortunately Eva has another commitment.
Sarah xx

Lynn Holland said...

Just as I was thinking, I wonder if I could possibly make it ..... Out popped the diary to tell me I am booked on a vintage canvas workshop in Brighouse. Sods law - what are the chances of that.
One day dear ladies one day my time will come haha.
Enjoy xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Yep, we're most definitely in! X

Caro said...

I'm really hoping to, but I have to sort out the childcare issues before I can commit to it. Can I let you know after Easter? xxx

Anne said...

I think I can make it!!! Although I didn't mind going to Wales and enjoying a weeks holiday for my first WOYWW crop this one is only 47mins away according to the directions!!!! X

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Please count me in. It is already on my calendar. Looking forward to it. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter)

Bridget Larsen said...

Wish I could come once or be a fly on the wall. Enjoy

HeARTworks said...

Wow! How exciting! I would love to be there but we are 6754 miles away from you! Lots of pictures please and do tell us stories! :^) patsy

Anonymous said...

I will be there - either getting hubby to drive me (and he can go cycling whilst we craft/chat) the 150 miles, or I will get the train (5 hours). Either way we will be staying at the Premier Inn the night before. Ali x

Anonymous said...

BTW. I misread and thought there was a Premier Inn there. Not sure if we would stay in the city centre if we are driving (depends on parking), otherwise there is a Travel Lodge 2 miles from Radbrook. If I come by myself on the train, then I will stay at the Premier Inn and get a bus out in the morning. Ali x

Catriona said...

I’ll be there with Harris my travelling bear. Motorhome pitch booked and really looking forward to meeting you all.

Christine said...

Peter and I will be there. Really looking forward to meeting up again.
Are we swapping ATCs etc?

Anne said...

Hi. Thought I'd left a comment to say that all being well I will be there. x

Heather M said...

All being well, I will be there. Mr M can play chauffeur again! Xx

Camilla Fisher said...

I shall be coming with Margaret Wright - quite excited already!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Leaving a comment here too! Planning on coming.....and on showing my desk again sometime soon! Chrisx

glitterandglue said...

Honestly, I really and truly left you a comment to say I was coming... but the ether seems to have eaten it. Looking forward to it!!! See you there
Margaret

Anne said...

As I said plan on being there, DH will be with me as well - he would love lunch if that is ok? There might be a chance that a friend will be with me, if that is acceptable, in which case no DH - either way definitely two for catering purposes. X

Caro said...

I have sorted my childcare issues and can come! So excited to meet you all. xxx

Caro said...

Not sure what happened to my comment but I am very excited to say that I have sorted my childcare issues and can come to the crop... Hope I am not too late to say yes. Xx

Anne said...

A friend/ or DH will be with me. Annie had asked that we say how many. Hope that is ok. Anne x

Heather M said...

Hotel is booked, so I will be there. Mr M will also be there for food, and disappearing for photography stuff. Can't wait to see everyone again! Xx

Helen said...

I'm booked.

Anonymous said...

There are musicals and romances; sports movies and fitness videos.
If you have a taste for nostalgia, rent silver screen classics: comedies,
dramas and epics, including Film Noir and quiet films, like City.



It's never ever been easier to rent motion pictures online.
Regular monthly plans cost $8.99 to lease 1 motion picture
at a time, $13.99 to lease 2 and $16.99 to rent
3 at a time.

What can you view on the Netflix 2 week trial? The
2 week trial consists of complete access to all DVD titles by mail and titles to watch
immediately on your computer system or tv (additional equipment is required for TELEVISION viewing).



Netflix provides the Roku digital video player to do this device.
It links directly to the TV. There are also lots of other Netflix prepared devices readily available to watch movies instantly.
Details and prices can be viewed at the Netflix site.