Friday 10 August 2012

It's not that I have nothing to say...

Perish the thought,  As always, I've plenty to say.  But not all of it is vaguely relevant to the the two things that I have as a 'strap line' for this blog. But I do wonder how on earth this week has eased itself into Friday without me so much as adding a word since Wednesday.  My word, (so to speak), I hope you enjoyed the rest - I am gong to be making up for it!
If you have shown one of these sets of inks on your desk in the last 2 months, my acquisition of them is entirely a matter for your conscience.  You made me.
















Tomorrow is Crop day. Open to all, pot luck lunch, hall costs split between us.  Democracy has never been so crafty.  Normally, at this point before a crop, I'm whining to you about getting ready and packing and needing daylight for paper and photo matching and blah blah blah.  Well, no new leaves promised, but look, I'm ready.  Apart from the food, which of course is best prepared in the morning. I'm ready because I got in a panic and got out of bed at a ridiculous time this morning to do things that needed doing before I got my own stuff ready.  That is, everyday the priorities are everything else.  I sit at my desk to erm, create, when I've finished chores, proper work and whatevers.  So it's no wonder that I have so little time to get ready for crop.  That and it's such agony that I can easily put it off.  I was explaining this dilemma to Mr Dunnit at lunch time, over business letters and assorted dull agenda items.  His overview was valuable.  His logic was a bit embarrassing, because it was obvious really.  He suggested I get ready for Crop first, and do everything else afterwards.  Well you see, that's alright for him to say.  He doesn't wear guilt like a cloak. Oh and I do, I do I do.  Guilt over not doing enough before I do my own thing. The very phrase 'Me time' is a guilt trigger.  Which considering that I'm going to be out of the house enjoying a Crop all day tomorrow is rather a strange thing.  I feel no guilt over that.  It's sort of because I'm at home and not being a wholesome mother  and housewife.  Remove me from the house to do such lovely things and I'm OK.  Which is why I can shop without toooo much guilt, as you see above.  I must ask Martha Stewart if guilt ever features in her life.  No...no, I mean hormonal, woman guilt, not legal-go-to-jail sort of guilt.  We know about that.  

17 comments:

Kirsty.A said...

Just catching up, while I've got WiFi. Segway looks such fun - might add that to my Mid-Life Crisis list! Oh yes, guilt - I know what you mean. Prefer Gilt myself, though

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry, I don't do TIMMY stuff. But you should go and have a fun wee-wee time at the guiltless crop.

Belinda Basson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Belinda Basson said...

Must have been me that caused you to do some retail therapy, those colours are ALWAYS on my desk somewhere. But I am not repentant cos you will thank me for them... That Pink is just the most delicious colour and the name says it all! Have fun tomorrow, I did a day with the girls yesterday and I am so with you on the no guilt thing when I am out...

misteejay said...

It is sooooooooooo much easier being guilt-free away from home.

I see you have the Pickled raspberry/cut grass/salty sea to play with (not the real names but the only way I can remember the colours LOL)...at least they're not umpteen shades of wee-wee **giggle**

Have fun at the crop.

Toni xx

Queen Lightwell said...

Oh to get away from the guilt thing I just do almost equal parts playing and cleaning/working. Almost equal. ;) But also if your focus in crafting(playing) is on making stuff for others, like gifts and whatnot, even tutorials or whatever, then that's the right kind of outward selfless focus for your whole life anyways, so what's there to feel bad about there? Well, that's how I look at things anyways...so hopefully this comment encourages you and you can enjoy more, and guilt-free, the time you use to craft up wonderfulness for others. :)

Ohhh Snap said...

I think Kristy is on to something, turning guilt into gilt :D.

I try not to do things from guilt, but more what will work best in the long term. That usually means I have to wait til I have a little set aside to buy any crafty goodies (it's been over a year since I have been able to buy anything from Papertrey Ink).

On the other hand, I have absolutely no problem putting housework wayyyyyyy to the side to do some well-deserved crafting lol. I was able to buy the Summer DI's last month and they are fabulous :D.

Monica said...

For years I was guilty about everything I spent. made time etc taken for myself. Blamed it on my catholic convent upbringing. then It finally came to me no-one get thanked or appreciated for sacrifice its the narcissistic ones that receive accolades. So now I spend as much time as needed on my stuff, rush off dinner, house chores etc and oh life is sweet.

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, guilt is something nurtured in us females almost from infancy and I bet my tax bill for the year that Ms Stewart suffers from it too :) However, with a gargantuan effort of will I have finally got over it.

How, you may ask? Well, I finally figured out that if, when I went out to work, I managed to squeeze the housekeeping/laundry/household shopping duties, etc., into a few precious/grudged hours each weekend, then it surely follows that now I've retired I can still fit all that into a few equally precious/grudged hours a week, definitely not the weekend, leaving me to devote all the other hours to crafting.

Parkinson's Law states: work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion. My spin on this would be that if we think we ought to be spending the best part of the day attending to domestic duties then we will find enough of them to fill the day.

Finally, just love the colours of those inks - I think TH may have left his brown period behind.

Hugs
Elizabeth xx

Mary said...

Guilt??? When my kids were small and I had to work, I felt loads of guilt. Craft guilt, Nope I don't have any. Thats the joy of being a senior citizen. Not to mention, when I'm crafting, I'm not adding things to my honey's to-do-list! Win-win! Have a guilt- free week!

Eliza said...

Love the post it made me laugh, 'you made me' love the excuse.... still laughing....

I hope you have fun at your crop.

Eliza
(who doesn't have one of those sets)

Neesie said...

You made me smile at the first few words of your post Julia...
My Dad used to say 'Perish the thought' all the time, but I've never heard anyone else use that ter.
You brought happy memories flooding back...as to 'You made me' well that's my saying!
Have a wonderful crop and enjoy your weekend whatever you get up to. ;D

fairy thoughts said...

Guilt Nah! life's too short. Enjoy! the peacock Wee is fabulous I'm using it on everything at the moment It might of been my fault. But I dont care see!
janet

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Mr. Dunnit is a wise man. Guilt does nothing except give you stomach pains , a sad look and old age lines! You want to be attractive for the lovely Mr. Dunnit, right? So enough with the guilt! Get ready for Crop first - that will also eliminate the stress from last minute chaos (more old age lines)! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

BJ said...

Know exactly what you mean Julia and so pleased you have put it into words as that sure helps me. Funny how our other halves don't have the same guilt complex. BJ

Unknown said...

Oh No! That guilt thing... I think it's actually one of the genes, just like shopping. I suppose one cancels the other out, making us every bit equal. Ha!

I've not been pursuaded yet into buying the TH limited edition distress inks... although they are that limited - everyone in blogland seems to have them. Limited? Yeh right!!! But you never know - they're good, even for the names he gives them...

Righto then, 'til next time I start to catch up with posts!

TTFN & big hugs

Paula xxx

p.s. this is the second time of typing this out because of stupid blogger was having a moment. Don't worry cos this time I've copied what I've put (or will do when I've finished this bit) just in case it happens again - cos i'll not remember a 3rd time what I typed! xxx

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ciproonline.eu/]cipro ciprofloxacin[/url] [url=http://advair.press/]advair diskus[/url] [url=http://buybenicar.us/]price of benicar[/url] [url=http://chlomid.cricket/]how to buy clomid online[/url] [url=http://celexa.host/]celexa online[/url]