Wednesday 6 April 2022

What’s On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 670

My real Workdesk, gentle reader, is piled high with files and month end paraphernalia and stuff that got dumped on it whilst I had family staying last week. Because the work-room has a door on it and is too small to use for any other reason, people stayed out of it and I was able to close the door and walk away from it. I did too. Packed a bag and as I write, I’m in Spain. 
It’s been chilly, very windy and rainy since we got here. We’ve dodged showers and been out and about, a bit of food shopping and some wonderful squally beach walks that soaked us from sea, wind and rain…loved it. Yesterday I caved in a paid for a rain hat. Within an hour, the skies had cleared and we spent all afternoon sitting in the sun. So sorry, if I’d known that it was just about me buying a waterproof hat, I’d have done it on Sunday morning!  Most bizarre weather, but the change is very welcome!  Today’s plan is to return to the village where we took this photo and sit on the beach, one of our favourites on this particular Costa. Thank you all for your messages and comments about Mum’s funeral. It was hard, but lovely; there was a lot of love floating around and your messages were a big help to me. I have since crashed and burned, but am now revelling in the memories as they pop up. And they do…sometimes they hit you like a wave, and sometimes, they creep into a conversation. I love them and they are not making reel anymore, which is a positive that I’m grateful for.
I am utterly distracted by the sunshine, so please only expect me at your place if you see me. The Internet at this resort is good, so I make no excuses other than…well, sunshine!

21 comments:

Helen said...

A holiday is just what you need to recharge and I hope the sun stays! Thanks for still thinking of us and posting but enjoy the break and no-one will mind if you don't visit back!

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy your break Julia - much needed to recharge and relax. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Crafting With Jack said...

Good morning Julia, I hope the weather stays sunny for you - you could always buy another rain hat :) You deserve a break and I am sure you will enjoy your time away. It was lovely of you to still post. Hugs, Angela #5

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Congrats ! happy you could get away. Best Wishes for awesome weather. Remember all the info you sent to my son? I think they will go there this summer, took last week and went to Ireland. Someone thought the weather would be better there! It's rained all day and again tomorrow. but we need it we missed most of the snow. Have fun enjoy all the things you don't get at home.
Hugs to you

Mary Anne said...

Enjoy! You deserve it, and sunshine is always welcome!
Happy Woyww!
MA

craftyani said...

WHAT SUNSHINE!! We are having yet another day of rain further up the coast. I feel so sorry for the holiday makers. Enjoy yourselves you deserve it.Ani

Annie said...

Sunshine...and those rather large gins you’re having on my behalf of course....enjoy every minute my friend. Sunshine and rest are the best therapy.....and lots of s.....angria of course 😘
Hugs,
Annie x

Spyder said...

Oh lucky you and lucky Spain! I'll wear my hat in the hope the sun will shine here! Very cloudy at the moment. Have fun, stay safe and have a wonderful time. I did a bit of back to the past travalling last week and am only now so glad I went...never going back but so glad I went! Looking forward to Cornwall in June now! Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn)) #10

Lynn Holland said...

Heehee I’m chuckling Julia as at least we didn’t have to go to the trouble of getting on a plane for our holiday and to have the same weather. Hope the sun gets his hat on for you my lovely and you can relax in its warmth. Take care
Lynn xx

Diana Taylor said...

Have a lovely holiday Julia, I hope the sun comes out soon for you. It sounds like the perfect way to de-stress and recharge your batteries.
Take care,
Diana xx #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hope you have a lovely holiday. I think it's what a lot of us are in need of at the moment. Take care and have a lovely woyww recharge. Hugs, Angela x14x

Neet said...

You did exactly right, the best thing, get away - and even better, enjoy the sunshine. I hope and pray the sun stays out for the rest of your visit. Get your batteries recharged, take walks in wild wind or sit in complete sunshine. Just keep holding hands and relax.
Hugs to you both
Neet xx
ps love the rain hats and masks - you could be George Clooney and Amal for all anyone need know x

Tracy said...

Goood morning to you both Julia, I'm so glad you've both escaped for some much needed time together ... enjoy the sunshine now it's out beside you, soak it up and treasure the moments. Sending much love and hugs to you both. Tracy #15 xxxxxx

Lynnecrafts said...

So glad you could get away for a break Julia. That is just what would happen to me if I bought a rain hat 🀣. Still, you could bring it home with you. We could do with some sun here, too. Enjoy yourselves and take care.
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 2 (yay, I was so pleased to get in early!)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Have lovely time away Julia! You're rocking that waterproof hat! xx zsuzsa #16

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW and long may that Spanish sun last for you. Have some churros for me! Ali x #18

Christine said...

Hope the sun continues to shine on you both. Enjoy the change of sink as PJ used to say . . .
Sending love and hugs
Christine #19

Kelly said...

Good Morning Julia and Mr. D. How funny about the rain hat. But can also shield that lovely face from the sun. Enjoy your holiday Much earned rest, I'd say. Hugs, Safe Travels and Creative Blessings! Kelly ~ 21

Lindart said...

How lovely to have Spain so close! My DD went to Spain years ago and loved it. I hope you have a lovely holiday, you deserve it! Lindart #22

Kyla said...

So pleased you and me bart are spending some quality down time, enjoy. Kyla #23

Unknown said...

πŸ–✈️🌞☔️⛱️πŸ₯°πŸ€ͺ😎🍀🍨☕️🍹🍸🍷🍾πŸ₯‚πŸ»πŸ§Š