Friday 16 April 2021

Housekeeping WOYWW12

Remember late last year there was a huge party, fuss, zoom meet to mark and celebrate WOYWW 600? We did it because 600 is a big fat satisfying round number and well, everyone seemed to want to! My, it was a highlight of the year for me, that zoom meet.
The actual annual anniversary never falls on a memorable number really, and this year is no exception! The twelfth anniversary will be WOYWW 624, which is in a matter of weeks. Actually it is Wednesday 19th May.

Almost a decoy photo, but it does flower in May and so is at least appropo....

So now then. Think On. as Lyn would say. We usually successfully do an ATC swap in a circular fashion to acknowledge the occasion and to achieve some happy mail. Well, I’ve been thinking about this and wonder if you’d like to expand ever so slightly. As we’ve all spent some months (pigging ages) learning to appreciate our own homes, backyards and localities, how about an ATC swap but with the addition of a local postcard in the envelope? Of course I mean a commercial one that you buy, but if your photos are better, make one! It will be fun to see a bit beyond your desk top, particularly as many of you have shared wonderful pics of local parks and things over the last few months. I don’t live anywhere particularly picturesque or architecturally notable, but I can still buy a postcard of the high street, so it shouldn’t be too difficult. And frankly, if it is, don’t do it, just send an ATC. After all, it’s meant to be fun and it certainly isn’t meant to cause stress! 
Are we on then? I’ll flag this post up next Wednesday for reference and I’ll take comments and questions. Get me, sounds like it’s important!

22 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

I'm in!!

Spyder said...

I'm in! (I actually came across some WOYWW 4 atc's the other day!

Annie said...

Count me in. I think it would be a good idea to limit it just to the pass it forward recipient to limit the spread of anything nasty....what do you think? I’d be more than happy to make an ATC and put together a pass it forward goody bag even for the lucky one.
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hopefully I'll get off my bottom and create an ATC. Not sure I'll find a Wichita postcard, but I KNOW I can find one from Kansas.

Catriona said...

Count me in, please.

Anne said...

I love this idea. I will am up for it.

Helen said...

what a great idea! I'm in

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Me too!

Robyn said...

sounds like a plan!

craftyani said...

Got my thinking cap on already. Yes I'm in.

Ali Wade Designs said...

Will get it in my calendar now. Ali x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Sounds Great. I would be interested if other countries are accepting USA mail.

Kathryn Frantz said...

I have not participated in the act swapp before, so I’ll need a bit more direction...do I send them ALL to you?

And will others send mail to the U.S.?

Mary Anne said...

Oooh.Sounds fun - will look forward to the deets.

Mary Anne

Kyla said...

ooh like the idea, dont think there is a postcard of Oldland as its such a small place BUT maybe I could sketch a local scene on a postcard? Ohh there's a thought! :-)
kyla

Lisa-Jane said...

I'm definitely in! I've never made an ATC before but I do have some from other WOYWW ladies from the crops, kindly passed on even though I hadn't created any myself. I will look forward to creating something different!

Crafting With Jack said...

Yes. I would like to do this. I have not done a swap before, the postcard idea is a lovely addition. Angela (craftingwithjack)

Susan Renshaw said...

Would love to do this but I am in Australia...

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds good to me, lets do it xXx

Twiglet said...

I'm in! xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Great idea - mine might be just a photo but I can turn it into a postcard!

Lynn Holland said...

I’m in xx