Friday 15 January 2016

Workshops are scandalous

Indigo Blu stamp. 
Last night was the first of this year's workshops at Kraft Crazy. It was an earlier date than previous years, but its fair to say that we were ready to get together. There is a core of regulars, and last night's attendees featured just those of that 'core'. And so of course, it was a workshop for friends. 
The inside is the same stamp, I have cunningly separated it.
What? I don't own shed loads of scissors for nothing!
The trouble with conducting a wodrkshop for friends is that none of them really need any guidance at all (except when they change my designs for the better - then I'm FULL of guidance) and this leads to the sort of relaxed atmosphere that makes me loose in the gob. Yes, I chat. I'm very professional. I sort of assume that everyone is the same age as me and we all have similar life experiences. But I may be wrong about that. 


Woodware stamps, I'm sorry I can't identify the die. Its small. I'm sure that helps!
At some stage last night, we were talking about the 'Mile High Club' - as you do. Well to be honest, we were talking about lots of erm, locations. Take heart dear reader of my age, it was the younger amongst us who was so shocked that she uttered the word 'scandalous'. Love that! 
The outline text stamp by Woodware, the typewriter font
 infill is a stamp by  Crafters Companion. I think.
The most scandalous thing about last night really? Shopkeeper Gal and I have been doing workshops and angsting over schedules and stamp availabilities and ideas and new products and making samples for 10 years. I can barely believe it. Congratulations to you Shopkeeper Gal; in age of on-line supremacy, this is good news for those of us that love to boss your customers around! Keep up the good work!

16 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Love the cards, especially the stamp in the first one. Love the story too- made me smile.xxx

Debbie Frost said...

Love it Julia! Both the design & your narrative!

Kathyk said...

Scandalous chatter AND crafting? Sounds like my kind of workshop!!!

Fab makes too

Kathyk

Hettie said...

Scandalous indeed! I have never fancied joining that group as they are never very clean!!
Lovely cards. Wish I lived closer so I could join you. This is the sort of conversation I love!!
Hugs
Glitter Puss!!
LOL!
xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Good to know. Most of my ladies are older than me by between 10 and 20 odd years but the conversation is still occasionally "scandalous" as they are all regulars. I did get a newbie just before Christmas and I wondered if we'd frightened her off, but no, she's back for more. I'm very professional too!

Japonica said...

More, more, more...I hear Em shouting. Sounds like my kinda workshop too. Keep it up. X

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Professionalism is a state of mind, and in the eye of the beholder.

Of course, your diatribe and lovely cards help!!!!!

Sue said...

Fab cards. Sounds like you had fun.

Hope you have a nice weekend. Sue

Barb said...

The cards are great Julia, especially like the last one. It sounds like fun you cheeky girls!.. Barbxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, enjoyed the story and so surprised, in the age of all shades of grey, that it should be the youngest who was scandalised :) Gorgeous cards, love the one with the classy bird! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Helen said...

Smiling at the idea of you being able to shock a young scrapper! Glad you had such a fun evening - and congrats on 10 years of workshops!

Ohhh Snap said...

Love the cards! And the chicken stamp is fabulous! (who makes it?). The story cracked me up : D.

misteejay said...

Great cards Julia and the story had me chuckling. Dare I ask...did anyone admit to being a member? LOL
Congrats to Jan on keeping up with a B&M shop and to you both for workshops - I wish I was close enough to attend but the resulting tales on here are fun to read. Keep up the good work.
Toni xx

Cazzy said...

I love the chicken stamp and your card, that stamp was meant to be split like that I am sure, you clever scissor wielder you!

Alexandra MacVean said...

What a fun post, Julia. Had to smile and chuckle through the entire thing. Wonderful cards. We might be returning to England this summer. If so, I must pop into one of your classes! :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Scandalous indeed! Ah... to be so young and naive again (wink*wink). Fun cards. It sounds like it was my kind of evening.