Friday 22 January 2016

Get me...

I don't do scrapbooking at home. I think the pain of preparation has put me off somewhat; after all that page to photo matching and practically kitting each page, I jolly well want to go somewhere and show people that I can be organised! I've started to attend two crops a month. I know, and yes, thank you, it is lovely to be able to find the time. Mr Dunnit has always worked on Saturdays and I have always considered it a day off. So I do my own thing. 

Friends, at my 50th birthday party. 

Now, this means that I'm making up 9 or 10 Layouts a month. Prolific right? I love it! But as you can see from last weekends effort, it doesn't mean I'm up to date. At all. I never will be, because I don't scrap chronologically. And I often don't scrap events, rather just random pictures that speak to me whilst I'm choosing.
Laura and I copied a sketch. This is how mine turned out. Hers was TOTALLY different.
This isn't a great photo, and I think Mr D took it of me primarily, but it features more great friends and deserved to go in the album. I don't seem to have many LOs that include friends so i mean to rectify that this year. But they prolly won't be posed pictures. I like candid. If I'm not in them.

Miss Dunnit and The Musician at the beach. Where they live. I'm a bit jealous!
Of course, scrapping the same photo adds to one's prolificness. Prolifcity. What? This photo is already on a LO in my scrapbook. I found it when filing. It must be because I love the picture. Nothing to do with a bad memory that made me order the print a second time. I do love the picture though, so it's OK. And phew, the LOs are reasonably different! I have to prepare some more pages now...I can hardly keep up with myself. Smug aren't I! Have a lovely weekend.

12 comments:

misteejay said...

Lovely LOs Julia. I haven't done any 12 x 12 pages for such a long time - most of my scrapping has been mini-albums of specific events. I need to get back into the habit.
Toni xx

Sue said...

You Los are fab. I find it hard to sit and get everything ready I want for one or two photos on each LO.

Hope you have had a fab Friday and you enjoy your weekend. Sue

CoventryAnn said...

Lucky you to have three local crops you can get to. Loving the pages!

Helen said...

I have only ever done 2 pages.. never really got into it.. mainly because I STILL don't have a printer and yes I know I could go and get them printed down the road or cheaply online.. but that means thinking! Hope you have a lovely weekend too.

Elizabeth said...

Wish I had your prolificness Julia, not to mention scrapbook workshops I could go to twice a week. Scrapbooking is just not that popular round these parts :( Your layouts are terrific. Like you, I don't scrap chronologically, hardly ever scrap events, often just pick photos out at random and know that I'll never, ever, empty the photo drawers so will never ever be bored as there is no end to them :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lucky you to get special scrapbooking time! I need to get back to mine as GD was asking when we picked her up from school this week! Hugs Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have made ONE scrapbook page in my life, and never anything as lovely as yours. These are all super, and I suspect there are many out there who are envious of your recent increase in scrapbooking. I can tell with you it's all about the layers, and I like that.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

It's fantastic that you can do your own thing on Saturdays! Miss Dunnit looks so much like you, I thought it was you! Lovely layouts - they make me want to do something with my photos too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I have to say that I see the appeal of scrapbooking, decorating a lovely page to show off a photo or two. It has the added bonus of showing what you were into at the time crafting wise and it means so much more than just a photo. I'm thinking that no one is ever up to date with scrapbooking since it really is just a photo or two a page. How many photos do you take a special events? Yep.... that could be lots of pages.

As an aside I saw a therapist as a young adult and she wanted to see a family photo album. My mom located one but insisted I tell the therapist she put the pictures in backwards. That really the wedding came before the baby (big brother). I told her that my mom insisted that I tell her this. She said that was probably more telling than the album (which was pretty much all staged photos--the wedding--and boring pictures of the same baby in diapers). Also, I later located a photo album from when I was a kid and I know why mom couldn't find it when looking for an album for the therapist. I labeled many of the photos. A picture of my big bro asleep labeled "Mike being nice for once." A picture of coffee and cigarette labeled "Mom's favorites." A photo of my dad at his workbench "Dad not yelling." LOL!

Catie Cuddles said...

I have lost my scrapbooking mojo but used to do the kitting method to make life easy for going to crops. I do a similar method for cards instead now. Sure I will get back to scrapping at some point. Your pages are lovely.
Catherine x

HeARTworks said...

Great layouts!!! I haven't done much scrap booking lately and I am years late because my son is 21 already! I used to do thick albums every year when he was little because he loved going through it. But I really had better PRINT pictures or else they all just might disappear with the hard drive and USBs where they are stored!!! patsy

Neet said...

Just realised I thought you had said "knitting each page" - thought it was a scrappers terminology. Doh - am I blonde?
Hugs, Neet xx again