Monday 27 October 2014

Gosh it's been quiet around here for a few days, huh.  Well, it wasn't at all quiet where I was.  And on that basis, it would probably be very wrong to call it a retreat, but in the crafty use of the word, that is what it was.  A small but beautifully equipped cottage, five women who want to craft and a hold a conversation that doesn't have to be cut short by going home, and the option of alcohol and too much food.  
The weather wasn't relevant, the surroundings were probably very pretty.  The conversation wasn't always sparkling really, but there was howling and tears of laughter and of course on Saturday evening, A LOT of judging.  Well, we stopped to watch Strictly Come Dancing, of course!
So what did I do?  I did this lot...
Quite a pleasing stack if you ask me.  Some new photos, some really quite old and no new stash at all. 

It actually breaks down to nine Layouts and even though it doesn't include the Layout challenge (that I set), I think it's good for 1 and a half days 'work'.  Ya see, we may have arrived on Friday, but we didn't actually set up tables and unpack the stash till after mid-day on Saturday (can't imagine why).  
Others who art more organised, made Christmas cards.  But it was a change for me not to, so I enjoyed the scrapping.  Although some Christmas stuff did creep in! I'll show you more of these Layouts, probably as decoy pictures in later posts. Don't yawn yet.

I didn't manage a single crochet stitch, but I did at least rewind some yummy yarn into balls.  I didn't manage to eat sensibly.  I did manage two lie-ins.  I did not complete the Layout challenge.  I did use a lot of old stash.  I did not so much as go for a walk.  I did contribute to the cooking and clearing. I did not drink too much.  I did eat too much.    
I had a great weekend!

9 comments:

Krisha said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing your LOs

Helen said...

I thought you'd been quiet for a few days - sounds like you had a fabulous time, and you got loads done, even if you didn't start on time... and had fun watching Strictly. Looking forward to seeing some more of the layouts.

mamapez5 said...

"And a good time was had by all" Weekends like that are good for the soul. I´m glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Kate x

Eliza said...

What you didn't drink alcohol, what on heavens earth is wrong with you woman. Eating I understand but drinking with friends is a must. Great layouts too and a Christmas one to boot.

Hugs Eliza

RosA said...

Sounds absolutely wonderful :) :)

misteejay said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend.
Toni xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My kind of weekend. Shared art with like minded friends, not much drinking, and lots of good food in which to overindulge. Wish I could have been there to laugh and enjoy the time with you. Far more fun than here, that's for sure.

Sorry I can't be with you for WOYWW tonight. Just as I was getting back on the horse, so to speak. Still need to check out my router and ISP, so I don't foresee anything happening until close to the weekend.

Kyla said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend. I have been thinking of organising the same via those cheap carava/chalet holidays the newspapers sometimes run (one chat for a few of us to sleep in and and one to craft so we don't have to pack away at night!). Might have to look into cottages now I have read this!
Kyla

Princess Judy Palmer said...

A crafty weekend sounds like a lot fun and I know from experience that they are. I also know that sometimes you don't accomplish anything when you do them so kudos to you for doing so!