Sunday 4 May 2014

On the subject of..

May. 
It makes everything burst into green, buds swell and produce blossom the like of which makes me swoon. The grass grows and smells sweet after cutting.  The morning birdsong drives me crackers because it starts so early and they stop welcoming the dawn when I have to get up. The weather becomes even more of a national obsession - will we have a good summer?  I don't know.  I'd quite like two consistently dry days so that I can start tidying up the garden.  That's driving me crackers too.  

So yesterday was beautiful. There was every opportunity to mow and clip and compost. But there wasn't really.  Yesterday was Crop. And National Scrapbook Day to boot, so it would have been doubly rude to blow off the date for the sake of some lawn maintenance, non?  Mais Oui.  So I didn't. 



You can see the not-filled-in date pennant.  I can't remember how old she was in this sweet pic. May Day was her 19th birthday see, so I'm still a bit behind. I have to scrap photos as I feel like it; chronological scrapping is mind numbingly boring for me.  I know it says something about me, but I'm not sure what.  

And slightly more up to date, we had a visitor last month after we'd had the conservatory door open for an evening.  Luckily, Mr D and Miss D were delighted by him and captured and re-homed him with care and much mirth at my ridiculous girly shrieking.  Honestly, the unpredictable 'boing' motion made me flee. Wow, never knew I could be shaken by a tiny toad!

I'm being quite doily and printed paper free, as you can and will see over the next few scrapbook related posts..I was sent some lovely stuff to play with by the good crafty people at Baker Ross and I'm really enjoying them.
An apparently inexhaustible supply of doilies, fab colours!


And a pad of summery printed papers, 24 x 35cm, so perfect for preventing the need to cut into another 12 x 12 when looking for a piece of background or matting.  Happy scrapper!

Now, today is the second consecutive dry day, so after this, I'm off to Lawn Mower land. Wish me luck.  it's a jungle out there, well at the uncut-from-last-time edges, anyway!

12 comments:

Helen said...

what great layouts! hope you don't find any more toads whilst doing your lawn maintenance...will I hear the shrieks from here?!

Krisha said...

Wonderful LOs Julia.
Had me chuckling about the toad.

Krisha said...

Wonderful LOs Julia.
Had me chuckling about the toad.

misteejay said...

Looks like you enjoyed the crop - super LOs.

It has been bright & sunny for two days but today was the first reasonably warm day. The wood of my fence is still damp so not yet able to give it a coat of stain. However, the garden is the tidiest it's been since last year.

Toni xx

Sue said...

Loving the LOs.

Hope you got your lawn cut.

Mother nature sure makes us smile this time of year:)

CoventryAnn said...

Love the first LO, such a cute photo... I'm another who doesn't,t s rap chronologically either, spent yesterday scrapping a photo of DS from 2012 and DD1 from 1993!
Just because :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think most of us in the southern part of the US would welcome two consecutive days of rain. We're so dry here, our crops have shriveled and lost all hope. But it was nice that you got to mow and take care of your yard.

I am always in awe of Scrapbook Day. It is truly an INTERNATIONAL phenomenon. Glad you had a chance to play and have a fun day with other like minded scrappers. and those two layouts are perfect examples of what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I have the honest, and lovely!, excuse of being dreadfully allergic to grass so I can get out of this chore!!! I love your two pages, and I think you should continue to scrap as you feel inspired. Lush new goodies - those doilies are FAB!!!

fairy thoughts said...

it might be may but dont knowabout you but ive been freezing, not getting outside in the sun much.... stuff to do.
love thhe doileys i wonder what you will do.with them
janet

fairy thoughts said...

it might be may but dont knowabout you but ive been freezing, not getting outside in the sun much.... stuff to do.
love thhe doileys i wonder what you will do.with them
janet

Lisa-Jane said...

Gorgeously coloured doilies! I can't scrap chronologically either but I do file that way :-)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://retin-a2016.us/]retin a tretinoin cream[/url] [url=http://buybuspar.link/]buy buspar[/url] [url=http://clonidine-0-1mg.eu/]clonidine[/url] [url=http://fluoxetine.host/]fluoxetine[/url] [url=http://lexapro.club/]cost of cipralex daily[/url]