Tuesday 10 September 2013

Stating the obvious....

Tuesday already.  As my beloved father would say, 'that's a GBO'.  It seems we have a thing for acronyms.  In this case. GBO is Glimpse of the Bleedin' Obvious.  But really. Where did the weekend and Monday go?  Maybe I just didn't notice.  Most likely.  
Am joining with Elizabeth for T is for Tuesday by showing you a photo that I took all of five minutes ago. My waiting to be refreshed coffee. The picture indicates inTenT, so iT qualifies, huh?!

Those are the company books you see my cheerful mug nestling against and I need to tidy that table top.  No no, don't worry, I'm not going to do book keeping.  Just some manic tidying.  
I was at Ludgershall Crop on saturday.  I had to leave earlier than I normally do. Only two hours earlier from being there all day.  So I fail to understand why I only got two very simple LOs completed.  Chatting and eating lunch takes up so much time....
Well, those foam letters looked straight when I stuck them on....


These pages are a bit of a challenge from me to me.  To use up random photos and fairly old stash.  Well, mission accomplished.  But really as you can see from the Washi tapes, by fairly old stash, I really mean 'use some stash instead of hoarding it'.  If ever there was a GBO.....

22 comments:

Claire said...

Fab layouts Julia.
C xx

French Nanny said...

Love that stripey mug!

Penny
x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's sort of like desk snooping. You spend a lot of time getting ideas, and don't get much else accomplished. I'm actually impressed you got TWO layouts completed.

Of course, any time we can use our stash is a good time. Hoarding it gets us nowhere. I really DO love both these spreads, and coming from a non-scrapbooking background, I can certainly appreciate what I see.

That's a really bold, colorful striped mug, too. It would certainly wake ME up in the morning. Thanks so much for joining T today. Your inTenT was perfect!

Francesca said...

Tell me about it, I don't know where the months are going. Great layouts and love the stripy mug. xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

colorful stripes! i like that mug :)

voodoo vixen said...

Love your rainbow mug and I congratulate you on completing two LO's at a crop... I never manage one!

Krisha said...

What a cheerful mug this week, love it! Two LOs! You put me to shame as all I have done recently is think about doing some. LOL

Marianne said...

I love the mug and that first layout is gorgeous ! I used to scrapbook years ago and will probably start again after the baby is born.
Happy Tuesday !

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Tuesdays seem to roll around pretty quickly for me, too! Stash busting is hard work--so enjoy your tea is that bold mug!

Unknown said...

Super layouts all the same, I am waiting on my hubby coming home from work to fill my coffee cup up, been, banned from going down stairs when i am in the house alone, I am parched xxx

Craftychris said...

Fab pages and a very groovy mug! xx

~*~Patty S said...

Your pages look great
and
GBO made me laugh out loud...
always fun to learn new things :)

Happy T Day
oxo

misteejay said...

What a super mug.

Great LOs Julia and if you enjoyed your day does it really matter whether you completed 2 or 20.

Toni xx

Helen said...

Both great layouts, but apologies to Miss D but I LOVE the second one! I think its the tulips that did it... Trying to find something interesting to show on my desk tomorrow.... failing so far!!

Cazzy said...

Hi Julia, it sounds like you got distracted!
I love the mug, it is something like the one I am showing this week.

As for books, I think I should do the accounts for my card sales, I can't be making any money because I spend more than I get in!

Carol x

HeARTworks said...

GBO??? I hope to use that sometime!!! Great layouts. My favorite is the first. I am about ready to give up on my scrapbooks. Did one a year till my son was 12 (I think) then the pictures just piled up. Now I am resorting to photo books!!! Catch you later! :^) patsy

Unknown said...

A GBO? I'm going to use that! I love all the BP's (British Phrases) you guys are teaching me!!

Spyder said...

And that's a lovely mug! I of course mean the stripy mug.... the one with a handle... :) happy T day
(Lyn)

Halle said...

I never get anything on straight on a page. I've decided that putting them wonky is my style and run with it!
Happy Tuesday!

scrappymo! said...

Well, I think two layouts in the company of good friends, is better than none at home alone!

Well done Miss!

ibalady said...

love that phrase im definitely gonna have to steal that . your dad must be a character. here's to characters otherwise life would be GBO boring .

wonderful story . you noticed that too huh? when in a crop you tend to get less done. good i thought it was just me LOL

now to skip across to other folks studios , desks, or whatever

have a great day
my # is 111. come visit .

Sarn said...

Both terrific layouts. Ok you convinced me . . . I NEED washi tape! xxx