Friday 13 January 2012

Who doesn't like a show?




badly copied advert..please follow the link for good pictures and proper links!
Of course, I mean a craft show.  The nearest to me geographically is the Make It! Show at Farnborough's FIVE exhibition centre.  (If you're anywhere near as old as me and know the area, you'll remember it as Farnborough Airport - it still is, of course, but there's more to it these days!)
This year the show opens on February 24th at 10am each day, (half an hour earlier for disabled visitors) and continues till close of play on Sunday 26th February.  It's a good show; plenty of catering or space to eat your picnic, free parking (unusual) and aisles that are wide enough to mean there's room to walk around the crowd clamouring over one thing or another.  All these things are important to a woman of a certain age who has a bit of cash to spend, huh!  
The list of exhibitors includes card making, stamping, scrapbooking, beads, finished crafts from foreign shores, wools, fabrics, a few clothes, storage, honey and books, the introduction of stitching and knitty type crafts certainly reflects current trend, another good reason to visit...it's so important to be trendy.*cough* . So there'll be a lot to look at and even more to buy I suspect!   There's also a selection of workshops that you can book yourself into; a good reason to purchase advance tickets for sure. A full list of exhibitors, and other important details can be found at the web site. There's a Facebook page too.
 If you're a demonstrator or exhibitor and read this old blog, or join in with WOYWW, do let us know in the comments, am sure a number of us will be visiting and would be nice to be able to say hi!
Make It's website, further details, booking forms for workshops and advance tickets can all be found here.
Please note that this post is brought to you by me, Julia Dunnit,  at the request of the Make It organisers.  No money changed hands. Although I now have a free ticket.  But I'd have been going anyway (on the Friday) - don't tell them!  

20 comments:

misteejay said...

There's nowt like a good show. Hope you have a fabulous time.

Toni xx

Milliesmarvels said...

I always go to the Make it show, it is nice to have a Craft show nearby, I always have a good time and spend too much money :-)
Jane
x

Helen said...

I don't normally go to this one, it's a bit of an awkward train journey (I don't drive) and as I still haven't been paid for December (hence the discombobulation and the need to think about what to do!, I don't think I can afford it this time round... shame as it would have been lovely to meet you!

Kirsty.A said...

I didn't realise you were so close to me. Farnborough is not far, but I don't have the spare cash so I won't be torturig mjyself

Elizabeth said...

To far away for me, but if I was nearer you would have sold it to me for sure ... I'm sure the organisers will be delighted with this write-up and consider it well worth the ticket :)) Elizabeth x

Lucia said...

I can only dream about having a craft show nearby! I'm jealous! :-D Thank you sooooo much for stopping by Julia! Your blog and everything is amazing, you're so inspirational!
HUGS from Rome,
Lucia xxx

mckinkle said...

Great write up, its always appealed as Ive heard the space is good for wheelchair users.

Love your new look blog and wow look at those numbers you're getting for woyww, that's amazing!

Keryn :)

bohemiannie! art said...

Have fun Julia! You deserve it!

stephanie said...

love the new blog look sissy. wish i could come to the show too... xx have fun.

alexa said...

Looks like a fun day - wish I was closer!

Jaki Morris said...

Hey, I've decided to go to that show for the first time ever! I'm meeting up with another WOYWW girlee as she lives in the next county to me. Isn't the internet great for making friends?
We should all wear hand made flowers or something to identify ourselves!
Jakix

fairy thoughts said...

I usually go to this show too. I need to get stuff for wedding invites.... for 2nd year running (whoever thought having 3 daughter was a good ides!). Maybe we should have a WOYWW picnic . . . all invited
janet

Scrapcollectr said...

I'm up for a good craft fair. Too bad it's across the pond... *smile* You've got some time to anticipate it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love the idea that you got a free ticket. I'm all about the FREE things in life. Of course, it's a bit far for me to attend. But I look forward to seeing you there with camera in hand.

Pauline said...

Enjoy ! Would have love to have gone but is a lil far for me , I'm in North Wales :-)

Craftychris said...

I'm hoping to go with some friends, funds permitting! I went last year and it was fab!! Have fun xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

Have fun!

donnalouiserodgers said...

you did it for free??

and I thought you were a tart...
darn it

Dx

Morti said...

And there was me thinking you were about to do a post about the panto.... sniff.....

Lizzy said...

Hi, I'm finding these blog posts very inspirational and so I decided to join today. Thanks for looking and Thanks for the blog.