Monday 26 January 2009


I've done a lot of 'blopping' this weekend. This interweb thingy is so time consuming and other people's sites are so inspiring. Late to the party as usual, I followed some links and found the Daring Cardmaker's site which is just fab for me, I need to be jabbed into 'just do it' mode, and the inspiration on this site certainly started me off! There were 3 heart stamps on the front of Papercraft Inspirations this month, and the 'dare' was to make a card that included a heart. Ta na...and I used actually used stuff that was on my desk - another major challenge for me! You can see on the card edge that I used the same heart image to stamp a scallop border. The text is from A Muse Rubber Stamps. Really a 5 minute card that Mr Dunnit, my hero, noticed the minute he came into the room. What are the chances? He never notices anything in this 'creatively arranged' work space of mine. Oh well, now he's seen it, I'll surprise him with a different card on valentine's day; see if I can fool him into thinking that I made this one for another!

7 comments:

jay670120 said...

Wow a fabby card x Love the colours and theme x

Catherine said...

I am into my Valentine Cards at the moment. I have only one to send BUT I am enjoying making them. This is such a different idea. I think I will have to have a go.

Ginny said...

this is so simple but sooooo very effective, tfs :0)

thanks for "voting" on my blog , much appreciated...I went with the album :0)

Fiona said...

Great card Julia - yeah welcome to blogland - I'll add you to my favourites.

Lythan said...

this is such a striking and gorgeous card. I love the way you have used the stamp as a border. And that playing card is "Ace" (tee hee). I have a tiny pack of cards that I don't think I have used in 4 years. Hmmm may feature in a future dare!

Jay said...

Lovely card Julia. I may have to cardlift that idea!

SueH said...

I’m pleased we managed to inspire you Julia, and look forward to seeing you play along ‘every week’ (we hope)

I love your card, and the clever use of the freebie stamps.