Friday 4 March 2011

Less is More from me is SO much more!

Chrissie, Mandi - how do you do it - I needed a thank you card, I needed it to go in this morning's post and I needed to do it atop the crisis piles of scrapbook supplies that are strewn about waiting to be considered, decided on and packed or *cough* put away before tomorrow's crop. See, I need daylight these days. So I checked my facts, thought about it for about 30 seconds and set about the card you see here. I only have this one Tsmugi card left so thought it would be put to good use. An I was pleased with it, and as you can see, I thought I had the shades of blue without a problem and the three squares - well, not perfect matches but they show off the image well, and so it was a good five minute card considering the circs.
And then I decided to photograph it and enter your Less is More challenge. And I picked it up, put it on the table in the (sun filled, rather lovely - expect that the windows very obviously need cleaning now) conservatory. And lo and behold, I had transferred an ugly great thumb print to the left edge. Which is why I'm not showing it - you'd be able to identify me in a jiffy. Did I mention it was my last Tsmugi card? (By which I mean Hero Arts 'crinkly' fine cardstock). I did? Hmmm. Or Grrrr. So, luckily, I had right justified (!) the text to the square, so there is just enough room to cut off the offensive print...although from the photo you'd think not - the angles are at play again. The recipient will not know because she never reads my blog , and despite my clumsy efforts, I've just made it onto this week's challenge; so really, why am I whingeing? Because I can, I suppose. So back to the real challenge at hand - tidying and packing.
Have a lovely weekend!

21 comments:

Doris said...

Very clever use of your squares!

Kathyk said...

Great card, love that coneflower

Kathyk

C said...

Great CAS card, Julia! Love the little squares!

donnalouiserodgers said...

i do it all the time, when I do linoprints I should use folds of card to pick up the work - no touching the print AT All & I always forget.. well in a way it is a signature surely?

Mandi said...

Oh you are hilarious!
The thumb print i forgiven, as it;s you!
Super blue colour., A white card would have given a striking contrast, but yours is perfectly acceptable! I sometimes turn textured card 'inside out' when stamping, to keep teh crispness But hey who wasn't crisp, yours; is arty!
Happy tidying etc
mandi
"Less is More"

Kirsty.A said...

I think it's lovely, and what a personal way to 'sign' a card - with a fingerprint!

CoventryAnn said...

Love what you've done with the stamped image.

Caroline Hallett said...

lovely blog post - you really made me laugh out loud - the people in the room couldnt understand why though. I love that the Less is More card challenges take far less time to come up with the idea than you ever imagined, but the devil is in the detail of the MORE time I need to get them just perfect and inky thumbprints is just one of the challenges we have to face - cant wait to see what the girls have in store for us tomorrow... with anything goes as a title we could be in for some right fun and games

Helen said...

I love the way your card has triumphed! Enjoy your 12 hour crop - I expect by now you are fully prepared!!

Anonymous said...

interesting use of the 3 squares - nice card

misteejay said...

I love how simple this is but oh so effective.

Toni :o)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Thanks for the laugh, and your card is perfect

Chrissie said...

Great to have another card from you Julia... it really is a cute design. That stack of squares look great.
You have my sympathies re the thumbprint... that happens to me all too often... in my case it comes with working in a pickle... leaving around things that can mess up pristine items... and my fingers are included in these things.
Here's to the next challenge!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Teresa said...

Great card Mrs Dunnit!

Not in the least bit jealous of your crop (she says holding onto her nose to stop it growing!) Enjoy and say Hi to everyone for me :)

Linby said...

oh Julia your tale is such a familiar one to me. Even with a wipe on hand my fingerprints love to get on a CAS card, on anything else, I just cover it up!
Great card BTW.
Linbyx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Never heard of those cards, they are lovely, love the colour too. Great card Julia :-) I can totally sympathise with the fingerprint thing. I see and sometimes receive cards from people that are absolutely pristine - very rarely do any of mine reach such perfection even if it's just a bit of glue showing, it's all very well it drying clear but you can still see it, so I ususally resort to a bit of glitter to diguise it.
There is a school of thought that thinks "Less is only more, when more it no good" hehe
Anne xx

Lynne said...

Fab card. Have a good weekend. Lynne xx

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Oh no, maybe you could have added another square ;) I've had this happen also and it's never fun.

Sarn said...

Lovely card.
Hugs, Sandra

Lyn said...

Now, you see, your card looks so fab. Now, me, you see, would be panicking at aaaalllll that empty space .... that's why I like inchies so much - no empty space!

Anonymous said...

Hello Folks! Have you been trading Binary Options? Have you been thinking of getting involved in trading Binary Options? If you are interested in make some money on the side then you should consider using [url=https://youtu.be/YNDg6j-ntvs]AutoBinarySignals![/url] AutoBinarySignals is an automated trading software system which will allow you make money with [url=http://www.facebook.com/autobinarysignals101]Binary Options[/url] in a unique way. This is a “plug-and-play” which you can set up easily and have earning for you in just a few minutes.