Friday 22 June 2018

Taking on a Challenge

A good friend made me join a Facebook group called Inspired by Memories. It's for scrapbookers and memory keepers. It's ideal for me because it's not as fast moving as some of the really big groups, and I find that very helpful! I was lulled into a false sense of security about my desk-time earlier this month and decided to 'sign up' to a 30 day Challenge. A sketch every day in June. The theme, in my mind, is 'try to keep up'. 
I'm not doing too badly, but of course I'm not up to date It took a crop last weekend to make this pile look erm, pile-ish. I can't bring myself to put them in the album yet, I like to see how I'm doing. If I'm productive. Or smug. Or both in all probability.
I really enjoy scrapbooking fairly ordinary and very current things. It means that I have to do a deal with myself. For every up-to-date photo I scrap, I try to do an old one too. But they have to speak to me before they get onto a LO. So for example...….

 Miss Dunnit's summer footwear made it onto a page, three days after I took the photo. (all of these are sketch interpretations for the challenge). So then I had to do this LO, featuring her being scarf monitor in the workshop at Uni, last year. Quite recent really.
Earlier in the challenge, this photo finally spoke to me. It's definitely 10 years old, possibly 12. I can flick through the same pile of pictures for a year, and eventually I can think of something to do with one or two, a title, or a sketch will appear that just suits a pic that's been hanging around for ages. 
I can get a little fixated in my 'one job at a time'-ness and so I am happy to report that this challenge is still fun, despite my being behind. I'm not pressuring myself so much as spending time at my desk that I otherwise probably wouldn't. A positive of it is that when you do manage to climb onto the 'every day' wagon, it's quite intoxicating. For a procrastinator I feel as if I am the wheel on a roll!


4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are all great layouts, Julia. I love Ms. Dunnit's shoes. Perfect for the height challenged like myself, too. These all spoke to me, and I LOVE the fact you only used ONE photo in each spread. They are great and don't give a sense of clutter, which some scrapbook pages do. Keep them coming, dear. You'll reduce your stash and have something to show at the end of the month.

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Fab LOs. I really must get back into scrapping.

I did smile at the Scarf Monitor:)

Hope you have a lovely weekend. Sue

Helen said...

Loving your layouts! Miss D looks very cosy in her role as scarf monitor! I'm way behind this week on my ALAD journal challenge, I blame the football, as I am hooked. well, you knew I would be!

Kyla said...

Great layouts, but laughed at the scarf monitor, brilliant!

Kyla