Monday 28 September 2015

Hallowe'en..or the next WOYWW Crop as we call it

 October 31st is conveniently falling on a Saturday this year, and it is the day and date of 
WOYWW CROP2 BPD. Like it? Like it? It's another bloody silly acronym and came about after some very silly conversation between three of us Deskers who know no better. Obviously it's What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday Crop2 By Popular Demand. But you got that straight away, I know. 

What it actually means is that those of you that can and would like to, tip up at the village hall in Burbage with a shed load of craft stuff to do. You meet other deskers, you eat Jan's lunch and various people's cakes and then go home. If you manage a bit of crafting, well, that's great. We don't all know each other. We certainly don't recognise each other, this online stuff is very anonymous! But we have the workdesk thing in common and our crafting, and that is more than enough!

There are real details on a separate page HERE.

The earlier (April/May) Crop has, for two years, coincided with the WOYWW Anniversary, and we've taken advantage of the meet to exchange anniversary ATCS. I don't want to make the ATCS two a penny, the anniversary is extraordinary after all! So, for the CROP2 meet, we're going to exchange themed tags. Of course the theme is Hallowe'en and that's about the extent of the rule...do a teeny tag or do a huge tag. Make one, or make a dozen, it doesn't matter. You can attempt to exchange with all the deskers that attend, or just the person that approaches you first. Up to you. You can make them in advance, or on the day...
At this point you would expect a picture of a themed tag
really, wouldn't you. Hmmmm, somebody's a slacker.
Best decoy photo ever!
I think that's sufficient notice of our intent. Certainly sufficient notice to induce panic among the tag giving proportion of attendees. It doesn't matter if here or on the other page, but it would be a great help if you could indicate your intention to come before 15th October. Thank you!

11 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Count me in. Can't wait.

Belinda Basson said...

Wishing I could swim the distance... I will think of you guys. I will be doing a Finn class here in SA! Almost as good as a WOYWW crop... it is on my bucket list! Maybe one year I will get it right, but with Pound being 20 to R1 it is a little pricy for my in your neck of the woods!

Helen said...

well you have me on the list... the hallowe'en tags sound great! I am amazed (not!) that you haven't prepared a tag to show us the sort of thing we could do ....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Tags sound like fun, and I'll be with you in spirit, if nothing else. Of course, sending a few tags might be my way of being there in spirit.

Alexandra MacVean said...

How fun! I'll certainly have to spread the news!! :D

Christine said...

Have sent you an email question.
Hope you have received it safely.

akilli melek said...

oh if i only could....looking forward to seeing what you all make xx

Neet said...

Sounds wonderful and I love Halloween tags but I doubt I will make it - got too many weekends away in October. Bah humbug!
Hugs, Neet xx

HeARTworks said...

Oh I am totally envious!!! I would love to join all of you! Even if I probably would have a difficult understanding your accents, and you mine!!! I can just imagine all the laughter and giggling!!! :^) patsy

Hettie said...

I will be there with my trick or treat bucket with tags in and my witchy hat on๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Would you like some bara brith for the table?
Xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Looking forward to it!