Sunday 21 March 2010

Retreat!

Well, I'm in Northern Ireland, so I am. A long weekend with friends found, made and kept through UK Scrappers; we have a lot to be thankful for. Crafting was the point of our pursuits, so it was. And of course, you'll note from the distinct and unusual lack of photographs for today's post that well, so far we've done some chatting, and very little craft work. Of course, Northern Ireland has for years been synonymous with 'the Troubles' (capital T) and lots of you would avoid it. Really, don't. Since the outbreak of 'Peace' (capital P) this fabulous country has opened, formed a bud and started to bloom. Everywhere is not very very from somewhere, the coast is truly a sight for sore eyes, the fresh air and space is, well, therapy, so it is. The hospitality is legendary, for a reason. Do you know, last night we went to Lisburn for Thai food. (OK, but the National dish will feature later..) There were other people in the restaurant of course, and it was Danny's birthday. And do you know what, his family shared his birthday cake with everyone, strangers to the last. I was incredibly touched by that inclusiveness. And when owner, Robert, brought us our bill and sweeties, he uttered the immortal words: 'don't hurry away, we're here for you' - even though we were the last people there and clearly the staff would cheerfully have cleared up and gone home. I was staggered, so I was.
You may like to know that this morning, we're over the path to the apple store to explain to each other the basics of the projects we planned to do. The sun is shining, splitting the pavement, so it is. There's the promise of an Ulster Fry for brunch. And I have to do the Bristol Fly today. I will miss this, so I will.
Normal service, terrible photography and all, will resume. So it will.

20 comments:

mckinkle said...

Lucky girl Julia! Hope you all have a GREAT time! Oh, and manage some lovely crafty makes to show and tell!! lol

Keryn x

Annie said...

You have made me smile again, so you have :-) Hope you have a great time and return home with tales to share.
A x

Linby said...

ooh Ulster fry yummy - I went to NI last year and stayed nr Portrush - beautiful.
Linbyx

Unknown said...

ooohhh Julia - 'the top o' da mornin' to ya' (in an irish accent if you please)... Sounds like fun. Can't wait to hear more...

Paula x x x

Penni said...

Hope you're having a fab time.

Hugs
Penni
X

Cardarian said...

Oh Julia you lucky girl! Hope you are enjoying the long weekend! Have lots of fun!
Cardarian

Anonymous said...

fabulous post, so it is :D

Angie said...

Had to smile ...so I did .... at the way you have picked up the lingo lol. Glad you are having a great time. DS,Emma and the boys hope to be over there by July... near Belfast. I so hope peace with a capital P continues. I you do any crafting I look forward to seeing it.

Smudgemakes said...

'Begorra' Julia - you sound like you have had a fab time! It made me chuckle your post - so it did!!! Have a safe journey back!

Hels Sheridan said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend you have had to be sure hun :O))

Anonymous said...

enjoy the 'crack' Julia!

Bethan

Carmen said...

Och Aye Hen, it sounds like Heaven! (What? There's plenty or Irish and English up there, thought I would supply the Scottish! *g*)

Ireland is one place I've always wanted to go. Sounds like it lives up to it's name for sure.

Fiona said...

Glad you're having a good time - is that a touch of Irish I hear you speaking - Conas ta tu?

Lyn said...

One Happily Knackered Contented Dolly here - as ample (AMPLE)evidence of said weekend, Pie, Thai and Ulster Fry, so I am :D

Teresa said...

It was a good one Dollies, We will have to do it again ...........soon :)

CoventryAnn said...

Love NI... and you were very lucky to have sunshine!!! I will miss our trips over to Dery when the inlaws return to live in England.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hehehehe. Sounds like a great time, wish I'd been there! You should return refreshed and raring to go, well I think you're always raring to go!
Hugs Anne xxx

Pam said...

Sounds like you've had a fab time, I've also been away this weekend but to Edinburgh, although the amount of irish we me we could have been in Ireland.
Hugs Pam x

Anonymous said...

[url=http://clonidine.press/]clonidine[/url] [url=http://zofran.kim/]zofran online[/url] [url=http://buy-clomid.kim/]clomid[/url] [url=http://buy-atenolol.space/]buy atenolol[/url]

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buylasix.men/]lasix[/url] [url=http://cafergot.stream/]cafergot online[/url] [url=http://buyaugmentin.men/]buy generic augmentin[/url] [url=http://arimidex2016.us/]link[/url]