Saturday 18 January 2020

Love a good Sale!

I bought this lot in the sale at Kraft Crazy. It’s not that I’d had my eye on them prior to the sale, or that I erm, need anything in particular, it’s just that at the time of browsing, I liked them. 
And to be honest, with clear stamps, I really have to like them. I know there’s going to be a day when there is absolutely no choice and I know too, that we’re very close to that day. But it probably won’t stop me whining about how much I miss wood mounts. So there. Now, when I picked them up and looked at them, I thought the ‘Fifties’ stamps could be fun and an idea came to me. Obviously, between buying them and them having a little rest (of a week) in a bag by my desk, I have completely forgotten the any idea. No need to offer advice about carrying a notebook at all times. I do. It’s just that I get these ideas and they’re so strong, so vivid, that I think I can’t possibly forget them. Fool me once....ha! I would say watch this space, but what I’m actually hoping for is a flurry of comments filled with ideas - it’s not too much to ask is it, kind, friendly, inspirational reader?

7 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

Hey Julia..this space is b l a n k !??Does that mean no one has A N Y ideas?
I used to be a teacher, so I know how handy it is to carry carry notebooks and paper everywhere.Can I find a notebook when I'm out? Is there one in the car when I need it?.Rummaging around in the bottom of my bag I turn up old receipts, crumpled tissues, lolly wrappers, packets of Butter Menthols, glasses cases, past TO DO lists, biros- none of which work, scent bottle,paper clips,safety pins, pegs (??), envelopes with more receipts, bank statements,address book, scraps of paper with phone numbers of people I have never heard of- or can't remember..BUT is there a notebook amongst all that? No, of course not!!By the time I have rummaged through all that I have forgotten what I was looking for ( ah notebook), and of course the idea I just HAD to record. Good luck with finding a use to those 50's stamps!!haha

Sue Jones said...

I always have ideas and forget them when product arrives- really NEED to keep a note book! As for stamps - love them all.
Have a lovely weekend playing. xx

Sue said...

Julia, Enjoy your new stash. I much prefer wood mounted stamps.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

Darnell said...

Oh, well done shopping the sale, Julia! What a lovely lot of new toys you've got! As far as ideas, I'd head to Pinterest and type 50s card designs in the search and see if that brings our idea back or sparks new ones. But, first, to save time, put the stamp set by your bed and look at it last thing before you close your eyes. Your idea should come back to you. Did I mention keeping a note and pencil on the bedside table, too?

I am finally down to very few wood mounts, my very dear ones. I can't remember if you own a MISTI or not? It really is a MUST HAVE in this era of clear stamps. Being able to stamp an image or sediment more than once is so fulfilling in terms of a clean sharp card. IMHO. It completely changed my mind about clear stamps. Hugs, Darnell

Ronda Burt said...

I love the old stamps as well. What is the tea pot wooden stamp. I love it. I love anything to do with tea pots and cups.
Ronda Burt

Helen said...

You don't seem to have been inundated with ideas! I'm not going to be much help either I am afraid....

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I hate to see the wood disappear, they are my favorite. I really love those 50 stamps ! I belong to a FB group which uses Vintage for collaging books etc. I found some little baskets I am using for the clearn for now. I've notebooks ready but deciding by flowers/leaves/themes etc or by designers. I order so much online that I hate to duplicate and it's happened (a LOT) So designers is more practical for me I think. Enjoy a good week.