Tuesday 1 December 2015

T for change

I didn't leap out of bed to make the changes this morning. I don't think they're that important. But I really enjoy them and hey, its one month out of twelve, so it's not strictly over the top. What changes? Ah, gentle reader, in eleven months you've been able to forget that I like to insinuate Christmas onto our household. We don't decorate or put the tree up for a while yet, so I have to find other things to help with the anticipation.
So this morning, before I'd had breakfast, actually, I started. Our Christmas bedding is on. There's only one set, so I use it the first week, settle for 'normal' the second week and then it's back on in time for THE week. Loo rolls were changed - the new ones are printed with stars. Handwash is new, apparently 'scented with festive berries'. And, most pleasingly for me, the everyday crockery gets a holiday for the holidays.
Yes, I have Christmas crockery and I love it. I also have snowflake embossed cutlery. I brought the cutlery from Target whilst visitng my sister, years ago. I wish I'd brought two sets! Now I've emptied and rearranged various cupboards and am drinking my coffee from a Christmas mug which has just sneaked in to the photo, I feel entitled to share with you on T day, administered by Elizabeth. I recommend you visit her too, I'm not the only one with Christmas crockery! Oh and PS..not sure about the handwash..but at least its not cinnamon.....

11 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Oh my, I am green as a cabbage... cutlery just for Crimbo??? LOL... I have Christmas china but no cutlery and the loo rolls are plain white... and my decs aren't up yet... I think the idea of china for the month is brilliant... maybe I could do it for the last two weeks instead of just Chrimbo day! LOL

Krisha said...

Happy T-day Julia!! Let the festivities begin!!! Oh I do LOVE that I am not the only one that takes Christmas over the top......even though this is Dec. 1st and I still haven't begun BUT I am on the count down to right shortly.....LOL

Sue said...

Sounds like bit by bit you will get even more Christmassy.

Have you got Christmas underwear?:) LOL

Hope you have had a lovely day. Sue

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooh! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Need to work on T for Christmas crockery although I do have a mug! Chrisx

Lisca said...

I love the idea of having special utensils for the whole month. I have a Christmas table cloth that my mother embroidered, and we normally put up a tree. That is about the extent of it. And when we were living in the UK we had external lights.
Well have lots of fun decorating your house,
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

misteejay said...

I love your Christmas crockery Julia.
I have a few Christmas pieces but not a whole set. Mind you, I do have loads of Christmas mugs, there is my snowflake bedding & Christmas angel scatter cushions that will go on the bed for Christmas and I'm already wearing my Christmas PJs (I have several sets). I can also say that this year I will be having Christmas toilet rolls - I bought them last year, put them away and forgot all about them so they are standing ready for the next roll replacement.
Toni xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore the fact that even though you don't get your tree for awhile, you still find a way to make your home festive and bright with the Christmas spirit. It certainly gets me in the mood to decorate. I'm super impressed that you have special toilet paper. I used to have lots of it, but used it all over the years. It always made a great statement.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas cups (and other goodies) with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, I linked you.

April said...

What a great tradition. You make me want to rush out and by Christmas dishes. :-)

April

Rita said...

Wow! What fun! Holiday dishes and even sheets! Cool!
Happy T-Day! :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks great, have fun, happy T day, Valerie

Helen said...

Woo hoo!! love the special crockery.. enjoy the season!