Wednesday 22 October 2014

Guesting on A Dee Tee, part the second

Well gentle reader of course I can't leave the Quiefire Design stamps alone.  
I'm too old to change and so I've continued to make cards that feature text on the front....it can describe the intention of the inside, issue an immediate greeting, convey wisdom...you get it.

And then there's humour too.  Love this.  This card of course, follows my tradition and is easy to make.  The shoe stamp is Dawn Houser for Inkadinkado, stamped in good old Black Versafine ink and then re-stamped immediately (second generation ink).  The two were then cut out (they are a single image). The background Postcard stamp is stamped in second generation of Dove Grey Stazon; then the rose head and leaves are incredibly lightly coloured and washed with water to pale them down.  The 'incredible' part of this is that I managed not to be too heavy handed. (But then you aren't privvy to the number of false starts I made either...). I used a ruler to tear the postcard image from the card, coloured the torn edge with Victorian Velvet Distress Stain,  and matted and layered it onto a black pre-fold card.  Stamp the text - again black Versafine and give it drying time. (Ask me whyI know to advise you about this).
Then just glue the cut out shoes on - lightest behind.  Stick the front shoe at a jaunty angle over the first one so as to slightly create the illusion of a pair!
And then....send your lovely card to anyone you know who's trying something new, starting up, starting over or considering anything.  A frightened woman doing DT work, for example.

14 comments:

Helen said...

Cool shoes! I feel your pain and can just imagine the smudging of ink... we've all been there, done that! The card turned out great though.

Claire said...

Love this Julia, fab card.
Claire xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Having also made the mistake of thinking something stamped with Versafine dried quicker than it did, I sympathise.Fab card though, Julia. Love the postcard background.Love'n'hugs, Shaz xxxx

fairy thoughts said...

you do love those Quietfire stamps don't you.... and I can see why... great text
janet

Sue said...

Love the image and the words.

Hope you are having a good week.

Stacy Sheldon said...

the humor of this is my favorite part, but the whole collage is very cool Julia :)

Stacy Sheldon said...

the humor of this is my favorite part, but the whole collage is very cool Julia :)

misteejay said...

Lovely card Julia. The effect of the rose in the background is super.
Toni xx

Nannie4 said...

I love this card! Everything about it is a great idea. Big pat on the back to you. Brilliant!

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Jo x

Robyn said...

Ha! Love the card, and that there is more over at Quietfire Creations! Thanks so much for guesting with us!
http://quietfirecreations.blogspot.com/

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I definitely appreciate the humor of this card, but more than that, I adore how you described how you made this card. I feel I could actually made this card if I had the stamps. But more important, I like how you described the techniques you used to get the perfect background.

Craftychris said...

I really love it! xxx

Kyla said...

Lovely card and especially the subtle colours.
kyla