Saturday 2 July 2011

Sun. Lots of it.

Well I know you didn't miss me because Lunch Lady Jan stole my blog and made it a fab WOYWW week. But I thought you'd like to know that whilst you lot were going to work, crafting, doing the domestic stuff and enjoying sunshine-a-plenty, I was doing nothing except enjoy sunshine-a-plenty. Ha. How d'ya like them apples?
So I escape south to Spain for a week and in retaliation, the sun comes out here in blighty and wrecks every nice candle in the conservatory. Mr D says the wax will do the now dry wood some good which is great, because to be honest, sorting out the melted candles and generally tidying up in there wasn't exactly on my list of priorities for the day!
No sir, today is all about that sort of 'collect yourself' and get back to the routine thing. We are off to a mid afternoon wedding, so there's a touch of sorting wrapping and posh frock ironing to do.
Seriously need to re-stock the fridge.
Need to make a 'to do' list of business and home things to face up to.
I see that Shopkeeper Gal has published a new class list. Need to make up some workshops and samples.
Need to touch base with about a billion websites.
Need to motivate Miss Dunnit to resume the job hunt.
All this, just to ease myself back into a country that serves a gin and tonic in measures.
Maybe I need to emigrate. Must chat to Mr D about this idea.

14 comments:

Angie said...

So glad you had a great time but omg I would never have thought about removing candles before a holiday. I aaume its a holiday job miss D is looking for ....just remind her how much dosh she could have in her hand to either buy something big ...or party party party ...oops maybe not that lol xx

Cath said...

I know of a great place in Cyprus that is up for sale.lol Glad to hear you had a good time will be expecting photos soon.

Cathx

My name is Cindy said...

Just had a beautiful week in Portugal, lovely long walks on the beach, glorious sunshine,........totally with you, it's taken me two weeks to get back in my stride especially as I was off with a girlfriend and left the family at home - I don't think they lifted a finger all week. Don't know how old Miss D is but mine has just gone off to Salou to work - she's one of those annoying youngsters who try to get the tourists (probably only the ones who are slightly younger than you and me) to come in and enjoy themselves. She's loving it. I'm sure she'll come back broke and sunburned but at least it will have been an experience!! Have a good wedding!!

voodoo vixen said...

A heatwave that melts candles ad you were away sunning yourself and missed it... typical! Lovely to have you back, hope you have a lovely time at the wedding!!

misteejay said...

Great to have you back. Lunch Lady did a wonderful job on Wednesday but I'm sure she is very glad you are back to take up the reigns again.

Oh how I wish I had had a the chance to earn some money whilst I was at school but I had dance classes most evenings and on a Saturday - tell Miss D how wonderful it will be to have some 'dosh' of her own.

Toni xx

Helen said...

Good to see you back - even if you found a load of melted candles.... it was quite hot last weekend, for sure!
Lunch Lady Jan did a grand job - we think she should continue (with you not instead of, obviously!) so get persuading!

JoZart Designs said...

Well you certainly know you are back home! Now you must realise that you just can't have it all... you'll just have to order doubles and pay more for them!
Glad to have you back but must admit Lunch Lady did an admirable job in your absence.
Love JoZarty x

Morti said...

Welcome home Julia! By the time you read this, no doubt you will have had a text from Jan to say we met totally by accident today, and all thanks to her hosting your blog on Wednesday. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.... ROFL

I'm in two minds though - don't want you to emigrate cos we'd miss you, but do want you to so I can come and holiday with you...... LOL

okienurse said...

I can empathize with you over the candles melting. Before moving back to Oklahoma I had tons of candles I sat in the sun room and on the patio. Here they become puddles of liquid wax. It is 100 degrees outside now and it is just going on 4pm! Glad to hear you had a good time in Spain. I love it there and will be there come October for the month. Jan was a lot of fun on Wednesday. Awesome job! Vickie

Claire said...

Looks like you're having a fab time :D
C
xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Been there, done that, with the candles. At least mine were in jars, but I would love to know where the wick has vanished to. I thought I would try to resurrect them, but no luck so far. Glad you had a good break, and you are now ready to get down to some serious crafting "work".

ally fiddy said...

Glad you had a fab time on hols, now its time to get slogging again - we have a calendar and christmas cards to do. Mine of course are all done, kitted and ready to go (hahahahahah)!
Scraplady Ally

Angela Toucan said...

looks like you had a lovely sunny holiday.

fairyrocks said...

Very interesting with the candle!!
I spent the evening melting down some bees wax caps to start playing with. The house now smells pleasantly like honey.
Nice to see you back and feeling refreshed.