Wednesday 25 November 2009

So, What's On Your Workdesk?

It's come around really fast - am to be found in normal panic mode but, my word, also in TIDY mode! Yes. When the going gets tough, I have to be organised and you can't be organised with six tonnes of stash spread across the table, worktop, floor and fold-up chair that I unfolded just to create another surface. It takes so long to find anything. I know, those of you that tidy as you go and put away religiously are, as I type pinning on the 'Told You So' medals. But it's not that I didn't already know that, nor that I don't yearn for that particular wholesome, some would say anal, characteristic. But it's just not my way. Anyway, today we have a reasonable order about the desk.

There of course is my wooden card holder, as usual, in improper use, but doing a sterling job. The gold holographic card is about to be used to mount some instructions on. You can see two others poking out of the 'envelopes' leaning against the back of the table. These are the supplies needed for the Marathon cards. Well the first three cards anyway. Way to go in terms of preparation then! You can see my stapler. Nothing remarkable about it at all. Except that lump of blue-tack has been on the top for over seven years. If I were vaguely superstitious, I would consider it a blob of luck or longevity. But I ain't and it isn't. It's a bit dusty if that means anything. Apart from the obvious non-dusting, lazy-cow type meaning, of course. Behind the sellotape dispenser is a small number of dollar bills. I forget how many and it's 3 feet from where I'm sitting at the moment, so I'm not going over there to count it. It represents the the Ornament exchange that I documented earlier this week. I of course, cannot send postal stamps to enable Megan, my host over there in the USA, to post forward my Ornaments, so am going to send her the notes as payment. Sounds like a plan huh. So did my ornament idea. Look out for plan B. Er, any day now!

There's chocolate on the desk too. And I won't be eating it. Very front right corner is a bar that I've made a new cover for - part of a workshop next week. NOT altered for goodness sake, just re-covered. Presumably even the mighty TH wouldn't alter chocolate; I think he'd slide down the ratings a bit quick if he did! There's a couple of Moleskine notebooks on the front edge too. They're awaiting transformation by stamps and stuff. Again, not altering, because they'll still be notebooks when I've done something to them. Getting the theme here? Gosh, I may start a campaign about the word 'alter'. As soon as I've altered my attitude and become uber organised that is.

Come on then, join in. Show us your work desk/top/carpet/surface...we're not bothered by what you work ON - we wanna see what you're doing and what you've got. Yep, we really are that nosey! Now, you can comment here and/or link to your blog, we'll all come round and have a rummage. It's only for fun, no need to tidy first and it's only for fun. So don't take it seriously, just join us for a bit of united fun. Grab the WOYWW button from the sidebar of this blog if you like. That's also a bit of silly fun. Apart from the skill that made the button of course - Steph and Annie were behind that, not me.

34 comments:

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

errr ummm just posted for the first time my rather messy workspace Here! Thank you for the opportunity

Anonymous said...

Your desk looks very tidy! My first entry too -Here it is I hope this works as I've never used one of these before!

Shell x

Unknown said...

Lovely desk ... but it is with a heavy heart I post this week ... overnight somebody or bodies ransacked the tidy haven that was my crafting paradise ...

http://acraftingjourney.blogspot.com/2009/11/wanted-dead-or-alive.html

Carmen said...

I love that you have trouble with the word alter - I do too but it has been assigned to me this year which is odd as I kind of fell into 'making things more pretty' (which I prefer) this year. I'm a Making Things More Prettierer. Alter always makes me think of religious icons for some reason. Same with upcycle and recycle - explain the difference to me please as I still don't get it.

I keep seeing reference to Moleskins - that dappy part of me thinks they have real mole skin covers so I haven't looked into them further... what are they?

And you knows I have WOYWWed as you have already hung all my angels *sob* :D

Carmen said...

Oops - here ;)

Karen said...

Oh yours looks so tidy...big sigh!!! Mine is a tip again as I try to turn 'round tuits' into 'done its' haha

Take a look here

Deanne said...

all done and actually on time :) will blog hop later :) i'd have eaten the choc :) lol

Kaz said...

Not eating that choc? Are you coming down with something? Do you need help??
Lovely tidy desk today Julia. I prefer to call it tarting up myself - altering is what the professionals do.

My desk is ~{here}~ xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Hi Julia, Thank you for the comment, and yes I did wonder if it was you:)
Good to see you

Susie Sugar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie Sugar said...

If you don't want that choc then I'll be round later I'd kill for a couple of squares !! Lol
Your desks looking lovely this week where as my whole area is totally out of control I can only show a little bit as I am so ashamed and afraid no one will even visit my blog again, although you and the girls understand some other blog readers don't !! Lol anyway here‘s
my before mess I will be back later a bit more tidy I hope ....and dream !! He he
Love Susie xx

Karen said...

haha thanks for the comments on my blog Julia! The large tin has some new acrylic stamps in to keep them safe (actually so I won't lose them before I play with them) and the little one has....er....my baccy in it hahaha XXX

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Ooh very tidy Julia. If I lived nearer I'd come and get the choccie, after all you only need the wrapper surely ;) Mine's a right mess this week *;*
Anne xx

Angie said...

I have just posted my WOYWW ......I think you will be surprized at my table LOL Must dash as I have just spent 2hrs on the phone!!!!!. will catch up with everyone later tonight

Paige said...

Beautifully Tidy today :) maybe a touch of the monica's (Ref: friends) in there? Lucky that choclates not on my desk or it wouldn't last long enough to be re-wrapped (altered) :)
WHOOP WHOOP!!! off to see Jacob again now :)

pinky said...

You have inspired me to have a go. You can see my mess here
Pinky

Jay said...

I've just done a bit of desk hopping then I realised I hadn't put up my own desk. It's not really my desk, but it's here anyway. http://jay-dailydeliberations.blogspot.com/

Nikki said...

Your desk is looking very tidy and organized too and showing chocolate is just a huge TEASE (c:

Here's my little mess
and a free snack for everyone to play with too :)

Unknown said...

Hi!

Thought I'd have a go this week, saying as I just finished my new craft room last night and it's lovely and tidy!!

You can see it here

Sam said...

That's a neat and tidy desk! I am curious as to what we will be making on Sunday with those kits!!

My desk is over here!

Susan said...

Heres a question - is it a crafting sin to have a tidy desk? It would appear so!!! So what does that say about me - and you - just for today Julia!!! Sorry folks but mine is sinfully tidy - the only thing out is a new stamp kit which I am having a little play with!
Loving everyone elses desk!
Hugs to all
SuzyX

Susie Sugar said...

She's been she's been !! the Tidy-up fairy I mean !! you better have a quick look it won't last !!! lol
I'm off to start crafting now so I can't see it staying like this for long!! lolHere
See you next week
Love Susie xx

Nikki said...

Nope I took one thing off my desk to hide from my sister's eyes and that's exactly as I've left my desk from yesterday I haven't even touched it yet today as I've been playing on the computer instead
I'll take pics of the boxes next week if I can make it early :)
hugs Nikki

Pam said...

Julia what is going on your, desk is much too tidy, looks like you've move out!!Here is mine . Pam

Kaz said...

Sadly the truffles lasted all of 10 mins. My sis gave them to me for my b'day. Funny that seeing as I was staying at hers at the time!! We were trying to sneak them into our mouths without my youngest niece seeing ha ha.
I don't know what the inkadinkadoo packaging was like!

ally fiddy said...

My desk is tidy too but only cos the it guru is here to fix (or not) the pc. Hence I have no woyww this week!

Hazel said...

Just remembered this - got some urgent crafting to do, so will now be clearing a space to start again x

Hazel said...

Oh stupid me - forgot to put the link - my workspace is here x

louisa said...

Mines more like a "WHat's not on your workspace wednesday"

Here it is - http://teabagscraftybits.blogspot.com/2009/11/tutorial-of-fashion-lollipop-3d-card.html

Teresa said...

I have finally got around to posting my WOYWW on Wednesday!

Sam said...

Julia - Unfortunately you are absolutely right - that pink basket doesn't get opened!! That's a challenge to me to open it tomorrow and get crafting!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

First time poster. Constant messy desker-er! I'm embracing my messiness and looking at the good side of it! Trust me, it can help your creativity. (That's my excuse, anyway!)

Annie said...

Wahooo I've just read all your comments. I think you are taking over the world slowly. The group is growing every week. Soon we will need to give up the whole of Wednesday just to blog hop :-) A x
Here's my space...
http://wipso-astitchintime.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

here is mine http://sharonfranklin.blogspot.com/2009/11/woyww.html