Sunday 4 September 2022

Copying the Master(board)

I needed a card and decided to use a NBUS Penny Black solid floral stamp. And then I was stumped. This often happens to me when I can’t find a card that is suitable from my already made drawer FULL. I think making a card with a particular person in mind is really quite hard and made worse of course, by my magnetic attraction to deadlines.
I fiddled about with this stamp for a long time, colouring it with felt tips to get colour splits on the image. Then I gave up for a little while, but of course didn’t tidy up. I was browsing my wood mounts for a phrase stamp to use on the inside of a card I’d already made. I give up easily don’t I? Anyway, the browsing made me pick up a text stamp and a pattern image that I thought I could use lightly behind the text. And I set to. 
Then I realised that with some additions and decent colours, I could copy ANGELA, who is a fine example of productivity, and I made a masterboard. 
The original card that I wanted looked nothing like these, but it escaped photography by being made way too close to the postal deadline! I added the ‘just a note’ text so that I can stick the cards in my stash if card to give away……if I’ve discovered nothing else over the years I’ve been stamping, it’s that people who buy cards like them to announce themselves on the outside. Can’t count the number of wedding invitations I’ve made that have to have ‘wedding invitation’ appear on the front, even though in my eyes, the design is obvious enough and hey, just open the card to see what the inside says! Anyway, you’ve gotta do what people like so it’s not really a biggie. (Although sometimes it is - I’m just trying to be expansive, understanding and generous!)
I did a second set in pinks and purples….they have cut up well and use some slightly odd sized pre folded cards that I inherited from somewhere at some point. Better to have them used than just sitting about being oddly sized.
Huge selection of stamps used, and deep joy - they were all wood mounts. The floral one is Penny Black, the background swirly text is A Stamp in The Hand, there’s a diamondy shape on some parts by Hero Arts and the little sentiments are by SU. Idea by Angela. I think that’s all the acknowledging I need to do! Definitely not the last copying though! 

5 comments:

Helen said...

great cards, love the stamps you used, and no, you can't beat a masterboard.

Kyla said...

ooh lovely and yes love Angela's masterboards they are such a great idea
kyla

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You were not copying. You were paying homage. Wood mounts are the only way to go, in my not-such-a-good-stamper's opinion.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love these cards you made!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh WoW...these are beautiful. Love the colors and that stamp is a good one.