Wednesday 6 February 2019

Snippets....

I follow a few blogs (thousands) and try to keep up to date. So this is late. 
End of last month, Darnell posted on her blog that she’d arranged a surprise blog hop to thank and celebrate Miss Di who is amazing and has been successfully running the Playground at Pixie’s Crafty Workshop  for seven years - and those years having taken over the management when it was already 8 years old. What a brilliant record for encouraging people to make nice stuff with their ‘snippets’. Scraps to you and me. Go visit, you’ll be amazed. By way of tribute, I used snippets to make a whole scrapbook page at the weekend.
I like it. Just as well, I can confidently say that it took longer to make up than any other LO! I got bored by about tag number 3 but was committed by then..... none of the patterned papers were whole, all came from my scraps box. And the embellishments were all from the I-never-use-these-so-why-am-I-keeping-them department. So I’m starting to get it, this snippets thing, very satisfying. There have been several ‘stash busting’ challenges on Facebook recently, but I find that they involve layers of different patterned papers. Don’t get me wrong, I love a layer or five. But I create more scraps by ‘busting’ my patterned papers in such a way. Argh, yes. But also...note to self, pull your brain out of the scrap box and look at Pixies challenges too. Simple, surely? Watch this space. And if you can, show us some of your snippet usage. Of course, my motives in asking are dishonourable....I want your ideas! Thanks ever so!


11 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Grand use of Snippets, Julia and grand tribute to dear Di and her playground of snippets. Snippets though do propagate as fast as you use them I’m sure. Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

Lindart said...

I love your page with all those tags, tiny pics and snippets! Well done! Lindart

Di said...

Oh Julia - how lovely of you to join in! LOVE your use of snippets on the wonderful layout and your sweet words really got me going for the tissues once again! As you say, some really clever ideas in the Playground - many of which I openly steal or file for future use of course. And, a wonderful group of Playmates- 'tis a bit like 'Snippets WOYWW' really :)

Hugs

Di xx

Helen said...

I am not very good at using snippets.. love your layout and the tags are a good idea ( I totally get getting bored part way through though!)

Sue said...

Julia, That LO is totally fab. It is amazing what can be done with snippets. Sue

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think I like your LO and snippets better than those I saw on Di's blog. You genuinely created things using items most of us would not have saved, and if we did, wouldn't know how to put then together. Miss D can be proud of this wonderful page you created, dear.

Kathryn Frantz said...

I love this idea. I seem to get bored so easily. And the Lord knows I have so many scraps, pieces and parts and bits and bobs. And it goes without saying that I have boxes (and boxes) of photos and tons of empty and cute albums! Your persistence about creating layouts has been encouraging me.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It was thanks to Darnell that I too learnt of Di and her snippets.. A marvellous achievement and space to share what we get up to using them. I do not think I will ever decrease mine what ever they are made of but it can be fun trying.
Thanks for your kind comment yesterday, I agree the use of hands can lighten the load. Hoping to be back up to scratch with this coming woyww with a little more free time for creativity.
Have a great weekend Julia.. Hugs Tracey x

Darnell said...

How grand to see your snippets post for Di, Julia! I love your tag tribute to the adorable Miss Jenny as a girl! It might have become tedious, but each little pp and beribboned tag tells such a cute story! I admire how you've made your many layers and embellies look cohesive. (My attempts at this sort of thing look like the dog's dinner!) Don't forget to bring your link over to my place and add your page to the gallery so Di has them all in one place! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. Time was running down, Julia, so I went ahead and added your link to the Hop. If I overstepped and you prefer it's not in the gallery, please let me know and I'll remove it. Glad things sound like they're going well for you! Hugs, Darnell

KandA said...

Such a great way to use up all those snippets and a fabulous layout for your scrapbook page xx