Monday 25 June 2018

That one sheet idea theory

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'd had this idea to see how many cards I could get from one sheet of 12x12 scrapbook paper. Well, as usual, it wasn't my idea, merely something that had entered my brain and resonated in my creative cortex. (Sounds convincing doesn't it!) One quick search on Pinterest will lead you to eleventy million suggestions, and some of them get many many cards from their piece of paper and show you a cutting pattern. 
Well, of course, I got bored. Having to be exact and follow a pattern isn't in me, especially when some of the shapes don't suit my cardmaking. (The long triangle to fill a corner of a card particularly gives me a mental blank!
So I made a few, and still have some paper left, but probably won't finish the exercise.
 At the workshop, I threw these on the table as ideas. Workshopeers picked their choice of paper from the vast selection that Shopkeeper Gal stocks and they went to work! It was great. The average was eight cards and some of the ideas were absolutely lovely. 
I can't show you those lovely ideas because I didn't photo them. And besides, they may turn up on this very blog as a straightforward lift with some lame excuse about not crediting the designer because I can't remember. Although the remembering part would be true!

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

STUNNING. I was truly impressed, not just with all those cards you made, but with your ability to stick to it through most of the paper. That's some really lovely ideas, Julia. And some incredible cards. However, now I know why I don't make cards. Like you said. Fiddly.

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Your cards are lovely. I might try this, as I have loads of 12x12.

Hope you have had a good start to the week. Sue

Helen said...

great idea, and some great cards as a result.

Ginny Maxam said...

Love these Julia! I also love a specific challenge - use this or that, I mad do the same thing to use up some of my odd sheets!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs
Ginny M

Monica said...

It is becoming obvious to me that we share a common genetic marker/gene ot mitochondrial tie. You get one I mean , my science of genetics is in the dark ages of some old monk breeding cats. But there in this post you revealed that tie again I get fed up with doing the same thing over and over again. I cannot practice drawing I just got impatient with doing a water color and used a pen instead. For the past 3 weeks my desk has remained as left each night I tipped over the same ink container 4 times and so it goes on. The tidy gene missed me. About to start my week post. Loved what you showed today on your desk after you great get together.

Darnell said...

Well, nevermind, sis, you get A+ for effort with these really pretty designs and a lot of them!! I remember this exercise and remember liking it a lot because I love jigsaw puzzles. But the bits that drive you batty need to go in the recycle bin with a swish of the hands and a sigh of satisfaction for a job well done!! Hugs, Darnell