Monday 30 March 2015

The more I stamp, the more I stamp

This card has caused quite a lot of comment recently. I made it for a workshop (it was a floral themed workshop) and the stand out question has been about the background stamp. It's an unmounted one by Creative Expressions. I got it from Shopkeeper Gal at Kraft Crazy. I love it.  I love too the Woodware solid and outline floral set I've used on this card - very use-able and very versatile, and well, who doesn't like that in a stamp set!

I don't know if it was out of the ordinary for me or if the design just hit a spot (see what I did there), but I spent a bit of time making more this weekend, as commissioned. that doesn't happen often. I'm occasionally asked, but  have learned not to get involved in Weddings and real multiple orders. Lots of stress, deadlines, sometimes heartache and not a lot of money. But these were for a friend and I felt they'd be easy to reproduce and fifteen isn't exactly a production line, huh! 
Anyway, they're done and while I was stamping, I realised that I liked the imperfect solid dots very much. Informal and dotty.....

I think they're rather fun and certainly look great in a random fashion because they are   not perfect.  And while I was stamping this, I had another idea that came floating back from my first stamping years....I do love a solid stamp, no doubt. And to go with a solid stamp...ooh, I like me some pearly powder. Watch this space. For while the ideas are cropping up, I don't want to stop!

10 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I love those imperfect solid dots too! So fun!

Sue said...

Love the cards.

Hope you have a good start to the week. Sue

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, looks brilliant! Jo x

Krisha said...

LOVE this style of stamping and the cards are fantastic. I really don't like commission work either, for the same reasons, but have had a few on plate this past week too.

The imperfect dots make a quick, easy and stunning card, can imagine it in many different colors.

Have a great week.

Helen said...

Fabulous cards, love the 'fifteen' and your imperfect dots are - well - perfect, lol!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It is a fabulous card and I can see why there is all the chatter about it. The background is subtly perfect that the bold bloom just speaks volumes--it's a big winner.

I hear you on cards on demand--too much stress and not enough pay. It sucks the joy right out of things.

Eliza said...

Hey I am with you I love the imperfection of the dots too and the former cards with the words I can see why you were asked to commission more I love the text background, actually everything about the card. You are on a winner with this one, keep the cards coming.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Kyla said...

Love these cards and the fact that your mojo is on overtime!

Kyla

Ohhh Snap said...

I love the background stamp, the floral stamp, the dotty stamp, frame stamp and the sentiment lol. And ooooooooo pearly : D. Looking forward to you new creations!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

That is such a charming stamp. And I love it against the print!