Tuesday 25 November 2014

T stands for Tipple


This is a 'before' photo.  But you knew that!
All of my friends know that if there's alcohol involved for an occasion, then mine's a Gin and Tonic, please.  I've road tested a few in my time and I like em fruity and dry.  Which is odd, because I loathe dry wines and most other 'dry' drinks.....cranberry juice, the real Brut champagnes....odd, huh.
My current gin of choice is Bombay Sapphire, and they have recently opened a distillery and visitor experience not far from here.  
Friend  Mary Anne's family had a day out at this distillery and returned with a bottle of Bombay East, which is another flavour to stand next to the Sapphire.  Knowing my 'thing' for Gin, she kindly decanted some into this cute miniature bottle and saved it for me.  It's fab.  Mr Dunnit and I have shared it with no-one else, and it didn't take long!  We did compare it to the Sapphire and I can't decide if it's a new favourite or a gin for another 'mood'.  I can't tell you what's in it that's different.  We tried it neat (on the rocks) first so that we could get all connoisseur and pretend we knew what we were doing.  I could only tell that there might be some Aniseed involved.  Mr Dunnit said it might be pepper (by which I'm going to presume peppercorns).  It was dry.  And lovely. And the second sip, with tonic, was just as lovely.  I know this is looking like some sort of alcohol promotion post, but it's not, really - just a report on an unusual Monday evening...thanks to Mary Anne!
Joining with Elizabeth and Bleubeard this morning, for T Tuesday.  

22 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

After reading your blog for nearly four years, I knew gin was your drink of choice. Not far after coffee, and maybe a bit of tea now and again. But I must admit, I've never tasted gin, so I'm going to have to take your word for it that is great. Glad you and Mr. D enjoyed it. You deserved it, and Mary Anne needs a big thanks, too.

Thanks so much for joining T this Tuesday with your favorite alcoholic drink.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just read your question about the thread hurting the tape transfer. These are made using packing tape, which I fear will stick to the needle, rather than act like paper or fabric. I don't want to break a needle because I was careless. Guess, instead of saying the transfers would look bad, I should have said the transfers could get torn or damage the needle.

Bridget Larsen said...

That is the cutest bottle I have seen and I love the colour, I dont drink liquor at all
Bridget #1

Vicki Miller said...

I don't drink any more either, due to health issues, but when I did I did love the ol' gin and tonic. Happy T day! and thanks for dropping by

froebelsternchen said...

I had no Gin for decades .... I like it anyway.. maybe this taste is caraway seed ?!

aniseed liqueur is also my cup of tea .. they call it Raki - it's very popular in Turkey, the fill it up with cold water in summer...yummie!

please don't think I am a boozer ...lol...

Happy T-Day dear Julia!
xxx
Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never had gin, not sure why... Sounds like a fun tasting! :)

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! Cute post and picture and glad you enjoyed your drink. I will take your word for it since I've never had any.
Have a good week and thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

Gin and Tonic in the airport. Bloody Mary's on the plane. It's the only way to fly.

Krisha said...

What a wonderful friend to make sure you got a share of the gin, and in such a pretty bottle no less!

I rarely drink a mixed cocktail, and if it's straight it is Tequila shots, but mostly I stick to beer and wine.... I last longer with both of them, than "shots"....LOL

Happy T-day

Helen said...

Bombay Sapphire is my choice too, though tends to be for special occasions or when it's on offer, lol! I ready Mary Anne's review of the visit with interest, and would love to go one day! How kind of her to pour some in your direction!

Neet said...

Ooh, sounds interesting. I too am a Gin drinker (when I drink I might add) and I too like Bombay Sapphire. This might need a bottle or two next time I fly somewhere - just for research purposes you understand.
By the way - have you tried Edinburgh Gin - I rather like that one. Still got some left if you are up this way at any time.
Hugs, Neet xx (hic)

Dianne said...

I love the color of that little blue bottle! not much of a fan of any alcohol myself, but isn't it wonderful to have friends who know you and share with you what they know you love?! happy T day!

Darla said...

Yes, please. Ok, maybe a little later in the day. It is still early afternoon as I write.

Darla

Hettie said...

Sounds like you need a bigger bottle!!
Hugs
xx

Anonymous said...

Lol! Glad you liked it. Well worth a trip to the distillery because I don't think you can but it elsewhere...maybe duty free? Not sure. But I can sense you savoured it and, well, it must be love cause you shared it. :)

MA

Denise Price said...

I'm not sure that I've ever tried gin (I'm a vodka girl at heart), but you make it sound intriguing! Happy T Day. :)

jinxxxygirl said...

I don't think i've ever had gin.... I'm not much of a drinker to begin with and if anything i like the little fruity drinks like belinis and daquiris and mai tais...etc... Thanks so much for sharing this Tday!!! Now i might have to have one of those infrequent drinks i mentioned..lol Hugs! deb

Robyn said...

The smell of gin makes me think of my Grandfather- who I idolized. I thought it was just his scent!
Hale to thee oh juniper berry.
I think he drank Gibsons- and always Bombay.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I usually only drink wine but a G & T is fun once in awhile!

Rita said...

Cheers and Happy holidays--LOL! ;)
And a happy Belated T-Day! :)

TwinkleToes2day said...

Apologies for the late visit, I hope you had a happy T day - well one thing's for sure, you won't get very drunk if you don't take the gin out of the bottle :p hehehe
Have you seen what Neesie drew here Julia - http://neesienatters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/ill-have-gin-pleasewoyww-281.html#comment-form
Enjoy the slide to the weekend :o))

misteejay said...

Now if it was a VAT (vodka & tonic) I might ask to join you.
Toni xx