Friday 21 November 2014

Currently Smiling at these...

I can't help it, the long tall shadow thing makes me happy.  And how ridiculous is it that Mr Dunnit is joining in now...we have some shadow photos of us in ridiculous poses, carrying bags that look like third heads, standing with knees bent so that we look extraordinarily short. But you can't see those, they're on his phone and he's not about to let me share them publicly. He has a limit!

The grey skies today have made me spend five minutes browsing pictures again - and I thought to share - you can really feel the warmth off the pavements can't you!
The teeny heads are offset by the huge bodies...and those aren't boobs...it's my backpack!
Here we are, leaning over a low wall...somewhere in Granada...
And here we are, fooling about on a very high bridge over the gateway to the Alhambra Palaces
And here we are again, with a friendly fellow nutter.  Aren't we tiny!
I cannot remember why we thought this was so clever...but you can bet that we were sniggering!

It doesn't take much to make me smile. Or reminisce.  It's my age!
Linking with Annie for Friday Smiles.















16 comments:

Helen said...

It's catching, I took one a few weeks ago too.... really made me smile this morning.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never had anyone who would share shadow photos with me, so I admire these. It appears they are quite addicting, too. Yep, I'm smiling!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

ah so agree Julia they are great and smile worthy :D love them all even the last one.
and yes was totally astounded a a dog collar instead of spellbinder die!! dont get it but they are sending another with profuse apologies just takes two more weeks that's all.. but never know might be speedy :D
Happy Smiles day, Shaz in Oz.x

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Julia, happy Friday. Yes I do have a big smile, those are really fun shadow photos, I remember taking some out of the car window one time when the sun was really low and the car and caravan shadow all elongated. Have a wonderful weekend - is it too gray there now for shadow play, cheers Robyn

voodoo vixen said...

Love them! I always think of them as your trade mark, so lovely that Mr Dunnit has joined in even if he doesn't want to share. LOL

Annie said...

I'm chuckling now Julia...thanks for that. The last one really got me thinking! If you check out the poppy pics I took I'm actually in one of those...if you only knew which shadow was mine ;-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Minxy said...

That's what its all about, if it make you happy, snap away at the shadows xo

Sue said...

Isn't it great when someone you don't know decides that your silliness is worth joining in with:) LOL

Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

Twiglet said...

Great shadow pics Julia. Thanks for the kind comments sent via Annie. Yes I am taking it steady - I can't believe how much its slowed me down. Just had a good laugh with Hettie's smile and now chuckling at your last shadow pic too - I must be on the mend. Thanks x Jo

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Julia,

Oh, I love these photos! It's quite clever and fun. Thanks for the smiles!

I'm back to visiting desks....

Hugs,
Kay

trisha too said...

Nice--these are such fun, Julia! I especially like the first one, it has the shadows, plus the texture and pattern of the sidewalk.

Have a great weekend!

:)trisha

peggy aplSEEDS said...

haha, i guess it is my age too!

Annie Claxton said...

hehehe made me chuckle :o)

Beverley Baird said...

These are such fun shadows! I take part in Shadow Shot Sunday every Saturday - you might like it.

Elaine said...

Looks like you had fun taking those photos. Love your checked coat on the first one!!

Stacy Sheldon said...

these are so fun and so brilliant :)