Friday 14 November 2014

And it's not just cards...

Oh no.  This Kraft usage ('problem') extends to my scrapbooks as well. If I'm in any doubt as to how to approach a LO, I turn first to my default pattern, which seems to be some sort of ledger style print. Imagine my glee when these styles became popular printed on Kraft!  Silly old woman.  We scrapbookers know that we buy more 12 x12s than we really need, and that by hoarding the ones that we really like, we create a hierarchy within our own stash. (Note the collective blame here, my guilt just cant take any more.)  Well let me tell you, gentle reader, that I don't seem to exercise this sort of prejudice where Kraft papers are concerned.  I like it. It's useable. So I use it. It's a cure!







I'm aware however, of an irony in using it almost as soon as I buy it.  Not only is my style   incredibly formulaic, now the stock will be lacking originality and worse - where's the cure if I use it all and have to keep buying more? Self trapped!



8 comments:

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous designs! Love your use of the Kraft Paper!
Hugs, Dangina

fairyrocks said...

It is a scrappy catch 22 for sure. Love your kraft paper layouts. I too have that 'ahem....hoard' It involves a fairy tale line, that was one of the first entire sets I ever purchased. I think you have inspired me to just DIG IN AND USE IT!! Thanks for this fun post, LOL

Sue said...

Love the LO.

Hope you have a nice weekend. Sue

Helen said...

I prefer to hoard my paper... but I love your layouts, and those are fab photos of you two! the kraft works perfectly with those blues!

fairy thoughts said...

That's a very Krafty paper you have there..... Love the last photos
Janet

Kyla said...

I am with you on this, I love Kraft, its so versatile.

I plan on using brown paper to wrap gifts and stick paper doilies wrapped around the edges (saw it on pinterest).

kyla

okienurse said...

great idea Julia using kraft paper all the time you can save all the print 12x12 for other things. Kraft is always easy to find so you don't have to wait for availability and you do such a good job with it! Love these layouts. Vickie

jill said...

Sometimes having a plain back ground like the Kraft paper makes the photo's image stand out more & in your first Lo makes the sky just pop out. Really lovely Lo's Julia all three .