Monday 10 March 2014

This turned into a review...

Deskers will have met Robyn.  
A couple of Wednesdays ago, she had a pop up card on her desk that she'd cut on her Cameo or some such.  It was lettered...and I was at a loss for words at the skill of the calligraphy.


Well, long story short, Robyn works a lot with Suzanne of Quietfire Design.  Suzanne is a letter artist.  As you know, I'm not a computer crafter, I don't wanna sit at the screen to make stuff, so I don't own a Cameo. But I needed to own this text, or some like it....
I did a teeny investigation (clicked on a link) and discovered that here in the UK, Oyster Stamps carry the Quietfire brand in unmounted stamps.  Well, be still my heart. I had to invest.



Is there anything better than a beautifully handwritten text turned into a rubber stamp?  Yes, actually, there is.  A beautifully handwritten text on rubber that stamps so perfectly it takes your breath away.  
I can't show you more than this because these are now cards to be made at the Card Marathon next month. But I will show you any other fabulous stuff that I buy that makes my stamping look so good!

I know this turned into a bit of a review rather than a brag, but none of the parties involved knows about it, so it doesn't count really, huh.  And don't stress, I'll find something to brag about later in the week!

19 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Julia,

Very cool! I love the sentiments and they look amazing. Hoping to join in with WOYWW this week!!

Hugs,
Kay

Kyla said...

Love the tea sentiment particularly
Kyla

Di said...

Oh gosh, fabulous stamps Julia! I love the teapot one - it's almost like walking into your home and sitting down for a lovely natter! :)

Do keep showing your finds - I really and truly absolutely neeeeed to be tempted to spend even more pocket money on ca raft goodies, ahem.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Or even on Craft goodies :)
xx

Robyn said...

Thanks so much for your kind words Julia! US folks can find all this and more at http://www.quietfiredesign.ca/.
Looking forward to seeing you create without limits with Quietfire!

Quietfire said...

Thank you so much Julia! I'm so glad you're enjoying the stamps!

Kirsty.A said...

These do look lovely

Helen said...

what gorgeous stamps! May have to go and check them out...like I need more (I do, I do!)

Sue said...

They look fab.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are beautiful stamps. May I suggest you join T(ea)today, since the teapot/tea cup stamp will have many of the people who join in each week salivating to own several. And you do a fantastic job of stamping, too. I'll be glad to review your stamping abilities (grin).

voodoo vixen said...

Be still my beating heart... just love that tea stamp.... and you make it look so good!!

misteejay said...

What beautiful stamps...I think you've just created a rush for the 'tea' one **chuckle**

Toni xx

Eliza said...

Wow love the font, truly beautiful but you need to share the rest asap.

Hugs Eliza

Eliza said...

Oh forgot to add especially love the teapot one.

Hugs Eliza

Carmen said...

Oh they are beautiful! I do love that teapot quote :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Greetings are the bane of my existence. Do I really need 8 of the say saying? Why yes, if they are in different fonts! hee hee

These ones look super lovely and quite fancy.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I love the Quietfire lettering ! It is awesome and I ask myself why don't I have some of their beautiful stamps....guess I'm going off to visit their websight.
Becca at Amazing Paper Grace has a lot of Quietfire have you ever visited her blog? It is AMAZING
http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/category/vendors/quietfire-design/

Unknown said...

ok I love the tea saying.. I think I need to put something like that in my mom's book.

Daniella said...

Hi Julia! While waiting for WOYWW I read this post and clicked the link to find these amazing stamps! I am in the US but would still buy them because they are just that beautiful! I was looking to see if they sold them as alphabets. Do you know if they do?
Whatever those cards are for that you are making they are BEAUTIFUL!
xxDaniella