ATC: Artist' Trading Card. 3.5" x 2.5" and traditionally made of card stamped, coloured, collaged, blah embellished to suit the maker. Recently, 'chunky' ATCs have become popular, these are the same dimension but thicker - often pieces of wood, sometime up to a couple of inches thick and decorated on all surfaces. And fabric/felt ATCs are increasingly popular, and why not, it's meant to showcase your creativity after all. The idea was born in Switzerland; to make other artist's work accessible, which is why the purists agree that you should meet to trade the cards. Obviously, for WOYWW, that is't going to work..but it matters not..your ATC will be a nice greeting to a fellow WOYWWer. Nice and simple as that.
Here's a link to some frighteningly arty ATCs from an e-zine , and here's a picture of some of the ATCs that I've collected by taking part in postal swaps etc...sorry that I haven't taken them from their plastic sleeves. I couldn't be bothered.
You can see that the reverse is important...you must sign and date your mini work of art!
Now, here's how simple it needs to be for the WOYWW anniversary ATC swap.
1. Make an ATC . (BEFORE THE DAY...it's no fun to keep your recipient waiting)
2. On the day (week 156) when you add your name to Mr Linky, add an * asterisk to the end of your name if you're participating.
3. Contact the next participating person on the list - they'll be showing * with their name too. Leave a comment or email them via their blog to get their postal address.
4. When you've got an address, trot out and post your ATC to them.
And here are the 'what if's'
1. If you want to make a load of ATCs and share them with your regular WOYWW friends, then please do...in addition to honouring the commitment to send to whomever turns out to be your sendee on the link list.
2. Postage costs are an issue for some. It is up to you how bumpy/layered your ATC is.
3. Participation is entirely up to you - there is no obligation to be involved; if you can't or don't want to, that's just fine. It's a bit of fun; not a rule, not necessary to cement your WOYWW 'membership' or anything at all, actually.
4. If you want to participate but can't because the day/date is all wrong for you, send an ATC to me..Ill swap out others in the same situation or trade directly with you.