Friday 7 October 2011

Well, I'm ready.

And you don't hear me say that too often.  Well, if you do, usually I'm telling a fib.  I may not be ready for Christmas - indeed, I'm not even ready for supper this evening, but I'm ready for 2012. I've finished my calendar, and no doubt will bore you witless with pictures of it as we progress to and through 2012.
As you can see, some of the pages are remarkably simple.  Do you like the way I tease the OCD amongst us by hanging the calendar at a very jaunty angle AND off the edge of the page...and worse, the stencilly thing doesn't line up properly.  Oh my.  Are your teeth itching yet?  I like the calendar at an angle.  See, I attach it with magnets inside a frame  with a steel back that Mr D made.  And the frame hangs on the wall in the hall.  And it's a very convenient angle at which to write when you're leaning on the wall.  With a phone in the crook of your neck. 
Annnnnd of course there's a reason for it being finished before any other thing that needs to be done before the end of the year - this is the first of a few that will be presents, and there's the small matter of Jan bringing her friend Sue over tomorrow for a play date that kinda includes making a calendar!  Ah I hear you cheering, a REAL reason...nothing to do with being uber organised at all.  No.  Of course not!


Have a marvellous weekend y'all.

13 comments:

Helen said...

Great calendar - I like the idea of being organised more than the reality!! Have a fab weekend.

The Crafty Elf said...

Well...good for you! I'm always amused at your posts and the way you poke fun! Craft with humour....AWESOME! So, are the calendars presents for Christmas? Just asking!

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Nice on Julia. I thought for one second that you were being highly organised and serious. I should have known better. I love your sense of humour.

trisha too said...

Well that's a great project!

:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a bit OCD, especially about crooked pictures on a wall. BUT, I love April and the position of the calendar on the page makes perfect sense. Just as long as the page is straight on the nail, I'm OK with it (grin).

Sounds like you are going to have a FUN day tomorrow. Hope you and your guests have a great time together. Of course, I know your track record (yes, I read every word you write) when it comes to crops and talking and accomplishing. So, I suspect there will be more talking, eating, and playing, than calendar making. But at least the girls will have a good start and a great example to go by.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

You are so funny, Julia - always making yourself sound the world's worst at everything - and love the April and totally get it being easier to write that way, it sounds very like me - as I am not super organised either! Shaz in oz.x

Di said...

Love it - esp the jaunty angle which is sooo sensible. What, you sensible? Hope you have a fun day tomorrow - eek, it's gone midnight here so I suppose it must be today and I must fly off to bed before I turn into a pumpkin! Di xx

Joni Nickrent said...

How fun...looks awesome! POP ART MINIS

Sheilagh said...

I thought I had come to the wrong blog!

Have fun today, love the calendar and the jaunty angle:)

Siobhan Brignull said...

me thinks you need to go back to the doctors for some more tablets, LOL, x

Mrs A. said...

April at an Angle!! Love it. Mind you can't stand wonky pictures either. I'm a nightmare on holiday cos whichever hotel I'm staying in I have to straigthen them up whether anyone is watching or not. Best stay away from the Modern Tate me thinks. Anyway my Hares are finished and on my blog post for you to go see. Hugs Mrs A.

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous! The angle it well cool! LOL! Kim

Anonymous said...

[url=http://buynexium.us/]nexium[/url] [url=http://retinacream.eu/]buy retin-a cream[/url] [url=http://cephalexin500.us/]cephalexin[/url] [url=http://buy-amoxil.gdn/]amoxil[/url] [url=http://lexapro.website/]lexapro[/url] [url=http://doxycyclinehyclate100mg.click/]buy doxycycline for dogs[/url] [url=http://wellbutrin.tech/]wellbutrin[/url]