Friday 20 September 2019

Review. Unsolicited, no gain here.

If your memory is like mine, you won’t remember that some time ago I purchased an App to enable me to blog using my iPad, and I said I’d talk about it after testing. It’s taken external prompt on Facebook to remind me  - I went into the cobwebs to discover that it was January. I think eight and a half months is a good trial period. 

I was always frustrated that through the browser, blogging on a tablet was impossible. Even editing an existing post was difficult. More than once I’d swear that Google and Apple were going to cause me to do something really rather rash in a fit of temper.
I’ve tried a couple of Apps - the Blogger one, which I didn’t get on with, and another free commercial one which was pretty good...but relied on symbols instead of words to navigate and as I only needed it when we were away with no PC access, I could never remember which meant what!

Enter the App that I’m using right now. Blog Touch. I’m using the one for Blogger, for that’s my blogging platform.There’s a BlogTouch for Wordpress users too. 

It’s available from the App Store and cost me 6.99. Best nearly 7 of Her Majesty’s pounds that I’ve spent on my gadgetry for a long time.  The set-up process, which created the link to my blog, must have been easy and relatively painless because I can’t remember it. I was born under the sign of Cancer which means I can hold a lifelong grudge, and these traumas over technical stuff come under that category, believe me.
 If you (try to) blog on iPhone or iPad, this is an enabler. The symbols cross from iStuff to Blogger stuff and words are used where necessary. If you can operate your blogger dashboard and write messages on your iStuff, you will be familiar with it without much effort, it just takes a tour and a dry run or two. 
Adding pictures, links, setting a scheduled post...all easy and obvious....and the designer has used Blogger colours for text so you’ll immediately feel familiar! I really do recommend BlogTouch and I congratulate Denk Alexandru for coming up with what Google or Apple seem incapable of.

If you don’t use iStuff, I suspect this review is useless to you. But if you’re a regular reader of this blog, you’ll be used to that.

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I don't have an I anything, not even a cell phone, but I certainly enjoyed reading your review. It was both fun and informative, even if it was useless for me. Which says I appreciate learning useless (to me) information.

Helen said...

I tried to edit a post I'd left scheduled when I was away, using blogger on my phone ... I got a photo uploaded but my goodness (swearing really) how small is the print! Even with glasses on I couldn't read a thing on the screen... even knowing from blogger whereabouts things should be! so your review is of interest to me for that once in a blue moon time I might need to write a blog post without my computer!! I bet by the time I next go away I'll have forgotten to buy the app though. cos doing it now would be efficient and sensible.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Mm, might take a look at that Julia, I no longer blog on my computer .. it was either learn how to do it on mobile device or quit blogging as sitting at computer is harder these days to justify .. and manage when not as well, sooo I’ve learnt to write the post on my iPad then go over to insert the photos on my android phone so it works, for mo. Will see how much it cost in Aussie $ as would be easier by the sound of it. I like iPads and android phone though as back up. I’ve a decent phone now too.. thankfully invested in upgrade last month. Love it.
Thanks for review good to know.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Anonymous said...

Hello would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're using?
I've loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot
faster then most. Can you suggest a good web hosting provider at a reasonable
price? Cheers, I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
I'm hoping to start my own blog soon but I'm a little lost on everything.
Would you advise starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for
a paid option? There are so many options out there that I'm totally
overwhelmed .. Any recommendations? Bless you!

Neet said...

Oops, looks as if that anonymous blogger has called in on you instead of me for a change.
That aside, this is a very interesting post - I struggle using my iPad but at the moment the back is playing up so I will get the other half to have a look for me. Come on what is £7 these days, can't buy much for that so sounds well worth the purchase. Thanks Julia,
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Madson said...

Thank you for the info; I might part with 6.99.0r whatever it is in U.S. I used to have the Blogger App and could blog from my iPad, but it just quit working and they no longer supported it. Thanks again Julia.

Lynn Holland said...

Just looking back through your posts Julia as I’ve missed a few with being away and September being so busy. This is the App I use for blogging and have done for quite some time. I use it on my iPhone as I gave up on the iPad years ago when it started running slow.
Nice to know you are using it too.