Sunday 18 March 2018

Doing the twofer..

I gave myself a snow day on Saturday. The forecast was for cold, seething winds and snow. So I got up early, hit the supermarket at 8.30am and was at my desk by 10am. Wonderful. It actually snowed too. And then it melted. But hey, I was in the zone.
I was making cards with Mary's stamps, for a workshop. I realised that I'd picked one stamp that could be described as blooms, so I made a second card with it, and will enter them into Darnell's twofer challenge.
One is on a Hero Arts C6 card and the other on a pin striped pink card, both from Mary's collection. Both images are embossed with hologram embossing powder and coloured with the old Wink pens. The other thing you cant really tell is that the blooms are raised on foam pads. I like them like that. The border on the C6 card is actually some printed tissue paper that I'd saved from a present and glue to a sheet of white paper, intending to use it as a master-board base. See, I'm not only using NBUS, I'm excavating my scraps box too! Mind you, at the rate of a half-centimetre strip every month, it's not destined to clear out much! 
So yesterday was my snow day and today we actually have 3" of the stuff on the ground and freezing nicely, I've tried really hard to do chores. Now though, my one true love has turned on the TV to watch sport....so,well, here I am, and say no more!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Lovely cards.

Hope your snow/ice soon goes. The snow we had yesterday night iced over, so it was lethal under foot. -8 temps and an icy wind really didn't help. Supposed to stay below freezing day and night till at least Tuesday morning.

You take care. Sue

Helen said...

it came back here today too... the roads had all cleared and it was going from the grass... Love the blooms and the teeny tiny strip of scrap you've used up!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Still no moisture in my world, but I was glad to see you and your true love were safe and warm in your home when the snow finally hit.

Those cards are beautiful. I guess that's why I don't make cards. I simply don't have the forethought to make anything that lovely or detailed. Both are beauties, and even a small amount of scrap paper is worth writing about!

Darnell said...

Ah, bless, Julia, you are a dear friend and I appreciate the shoutout and the support of my life's work!! Your twofers hit the mark with that beautiful jar of blossoms and I love both designs you have created! The font on that thank you has me green with die-cutter's envy!

But the WOWest moment was "border ...tissue paper I saved from a present ...!" Simply genius! I have a small stack of pretty ptp and never thought how much impact it would have as a simple border strip! It's huge! So thank you for that slap on the forehead and for playing along in Twofer Card Challenge #3! Mwah! Keep on enjoying life, whatever the weather! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

These remind me of the Mother's Day, when almost all of my children sent me vases full of roses! So, thank you for triggering that lovely memory with your pretty cards! The use of tissue paper is such a brilliant idea, and one I'd never thought to try - might just have to now! Such pretty cards, with pretty accents. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Linby said...

Two fab cards, I love dimension on cards but not what they charge at the PO!

Ohhh Snap said...

Our snow is melting, almost like Spring! Love the cards, twofers are the bomb!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two beautiful cards and both look amazing. Nice way to use leftover tissue paper too. Thanks for joining the Twofer Challenge #3.