Tuesday 20 February 2018

Save the Date/Make a Date

It's become a bit of a tradition that if possible, some of us meet and chat and eat for a day. Oh, and we craft a very little bit. We call it a Workdesk Crop.
A picture that has no relevance, but very pretty!
Last year was a great success. We moved the date for reasons I can't quite remember. We're sticking with September again this year, we're going to LA. Llandudno Again. Sorry, can't resist that joke and if you aren't familiar with TOGS, please ignore, forgive and read on!
Margaret is throwing open her arms and being our host again, on Saturday September 8th, from 10am to 4pm. There will be a charge to cover lunch and hall hire and as usual, we will raffle some gifts to raise money for Margaret's charity of choice. There is an up to date page accessible from the top of the blog to see further detail. It's a grand day out and Llandudno is a grand old Victorian seaside town, so if you can, please come!

I know that this post will prompt a lot of 'why so far away' type questions to a lot of Deskers. But it's not so far away for a lot of other Deskers. And if you want a closer-to-home gathering, perhaps you would indicate so and take on finding a hall and such stuff - after all there's several months before September, two Crops won't exactly be overdoing it from a meeting and chatting point of view!

12 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Yippee! We're in! XxX

Lunch Lady Jan said...

And me...woohoo!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Once again, I can only enjoy the event from afar. Across a big pond, afar!

glitterandglue said...

Best count me in too, Julia. That way you'll all get lunch... See you in Llandudno folks!!!
Margaret

Annie Claxton said...

Aaahh wish I could come, I would love to meet you all in real life - but we're already away for two weeks in September so it's a no-go for me. Hey, maybe we could arrange a quick hello on Skype or FAceTime or some such techy gizmo .....?????

Heather M said...

Oooh .... I haven't booked our trip to Canada yet (we normally go in September). I'll try and arrange it, so I can attend. Just hope I'm not overcome by shyness!

Neet said...

Heather - don't worry, you won't fine it daunting and shyness will be overcome. Please do try and make it.
Hugs, Neet
ps I will be there xxx

Anonymous said...

As usual I will try to make it - but it all depends on whether we are in Spain, my health, whether hubby can drive me and make the journey easier etc, etc, etc. I would offer to host a crop in Pembrokeshire - but that really is a long way for people to travel !! How about in Spain one day?! Ali x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, our plans for the summer are now up in the air but if we can possibly manage it we will. Will keep you posted. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

PS: We've been discussing the possibility of holding a crop here in Ayr next year. Wondered if it was something you all might be interested in or is it just a bit too much out of the way. xx

Cardarian said...

Yippee! If I have finished with my operation and on my feet I am in! ☺️ 😘

Cara said...

Brilliant news!

Annie said...

Count me in 😀😀😀😀😀
Hugs,
Annie x