Friday 5 May 2017

Preparing....rather unusual in these parts...

I have been flitting between my desk to make stuff and the dining table to do book keeping this week. It's tax return month and there's a lot of brain strain involved. So the card making has been a great reward. However, this evening is the beginning of an online crop type party to mark National Scrapbook Day on Sunday. For the first time ever, I'm going to have a crack at some of the challenges; I've actually ring fenced the time. So I thought it would be prudent to start with a clean and uncluttered desk.
As you can see, I've finished excavating! I'm going to try the 'clear up as you go' technique tomorrow, in order to well, stay in order. And possibly so that I can wander round my home for pleasure rather than in search of a pair of reading glasses!

10 comments:

Annie said...

Well done you with the tidy up. My room is in desperate need for the same. I've been having so much fun with my new fabrics ( yes there's been more!) I've filled every surface and there are pens, scissors, paper pattern and fabric everywhere......oh and I've had a steady flow of customers this week too. They have certainly seen my room in full flow. If I remember I may take a few pics before I tidy up. I've already had my first customer of my day and I felt ashamed to let her see the state of my room.
Hope you have a fun weekend.
Hugs,
Annie x

Elizabeth said...

Hi Julia, Operation CRSO seems to be catching - look at all those scissors, and glasses. You should be okay for both for quite some time. Shame about the tax returns. A horrible job but somebody has to do it!!! What it the online crop party - I might just join in myself, after I've broken it to himself that it's NSD on Sunday. It would be good practice for September. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Andrea said...

well done a great empty space and finding hidden treasures Julia. My reading glasses often go awol despite having several pairs! Enjoy the scrapbooking. Crafty hugs Andrea x

misteejay said...

What a massive tidy-up.
Enjoy your scrapping.
Toni xx

Sue said...

Hi Julia, I thought I had the wrong blog, as I've never seen your actual desk:) LOL

Did laugh at the scissor and glasses hall:)

Hope you enjoy Sunday. Sue

Helen said...

look at that tidy desk! we'll see what it looks like come Wednesday! Looking forward to your scrapbook day... sounds fun!

Craftychris said...

Cool! I need to do the same! xxx

Kyla said...

Hope you are feeling better ...need to look away as worried tidy desk virus may spread...lol

Lynn Holland said...

I'm on the final hours for having the Vat submitted. So I have no opposition today than to get it done. Why why why after more than 30 years of doing this blasted lot can I not discipline myself to doing things on a daily if not weekly basis. Aargh!!

Cara said...

Wow! That's seriously impressive! Happy scrapping. Cara X