Monday 1 May 2017

National Scrapbook Day....ok, weekend.


For the Love of Pretty Paper is a Facebook group that I belong to. Started by a fellow paper addict who has run with it and turned it into a scrapbook resource and very friendly forum. Very refreshing because selling isn't allowed. Which really means that posts are interesting instead of pushy. Anyway, enough about my feelings for the sales ambitious. Sarah asked if anyone would be interested in creating a page and blogging about it for next weekend, National Scrapbook Day. (And back to the politics..I think it might actually be International.) Because I like the Facebook Group and feel that I don't show much support of all the hard work it creates (causes?), I volunteered.
Well Sarah totally caught me out and accepted. And because she's organised and surrounded by amazing scrapbook page makers, she asked about a week ago for 'sneak peeks' of our pages. And that is the lovely, fresh looking collage of vignettes that you see above. Of course, it doesn't include a sneak peek from my page. At the time, and I must stress AT THE TIME, I hadn't quite got around to it.
I have since spent a happy wet Sunday at my desk, and I have four Layouts to choose from. Which is a miracle to be honest. I've discovered that when you're making a page for deliberate public screening, it makes you completely unable to stick paper to paper in any pleasing way at all. So now all I have to do is decide which of the LOs is better, photograph it artfully and post it next Sunday. It's a blog hop, so there will be plenty of opportunity for inspiration, thank goodness. Now, who wants a bet on how many times I change my mind about the LO I'm going to feature?

8 comments:

Helen said...

hmm... how many times?? If I said once you wouldn't believe me! I dare you to share them all! I look forward to the post.

Cardarian said...

How many? 4 LO? I would say at least 4 Times! ☺️

Sue said...

Julia, Put your big girl panties on and get stuck in on those LOs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's International, Julia. Lots of people here in the States are planning to participate, either in person or virtually through a blog hop. The one and only local stamp/scrapbook/mixed media store in town is planning an event. Of course, the workshop isn't free, which I think takes away from the spirit of the event.

As for you changing your mind? All the way up to 29 minutes before you have to post your page(s).

Bubbles said...

It's almost guaranteed that, after changing your mind about which LO to opt for HUNDREDS of times, you'll choose the one you picked first anyway :)
Beautiful piccies - very intriguing :)

Cara said...

Looking forward to seeing your page. Have a great week, Cara x

April said...

I am thinking you will change your mind up until the point you must make a decision. I know that is what would happen to me. Or you will create another layout because the 4 you have just aren't good enough in your mind. I say just pick one and be done with it. LOL. I can't wait to see it.
April's

buterfliecrafter said...

My guess would be a zillion times lol, Vicky