Friday 19 May 2017

It's high time...

My (considerably) older sister lives in Idaho.  And just in case you don't know, that's her on the right. The presentable one. I mean...what's  going on with the hair, Mrs Dunnit!  She's lived elsewhere in the US and it's been over twenty years. As with a lot of relationships, you don't know what you've got till it's gone, and over those twenty years, we've both come to love the opportunity to do nothing more grand than have a coffee and a chat. It's what you wanna do when you've got a free couple of hours or are feeling a bit blue or have news, huh. So this LO, which I did as a result of a challenge for National Scrapbook Day, sums it up really. We were on holiday together in Spain and coffee was being enjoyed on a bright morning in Cartagena. It's less the memory of the place and the coffee than it is the chat and 'normalness' of it, despite it's not being normal at all. Gotta love a coffee break. Also proves to anyone that needs proof that I'm incapable of chronological scrapbooking. Loads of other pics from this holiday have been put in scrapbooks already, but this, apparently, I was saving. I have to scrap the photo that speaks to me when I'm looking for a photo, whether it's 2 days or twenty years old. Nor do I file the LOs chronologically. I know a lot of you will be experiencing itchy teeth over my slovenliness, but it works for me. Crafting chronology bores me. There, I said it. I'm interested in your response to this - are you the same or do you need the order of time/place/age?

Idaho is my holiday destination, and a road trip via SLC to the Grand Canyon. We're pretty excited. So that's the big holiday I was talking about. And the book I had to keep listening to was 'Echoes in Death' by JD Robb. It's as you'd expect, a murder mystery. As I skim the purchases on my Audible account, it seems that murder, crime and mystery are my genre of choice for quiet and gentle crafting. No doubt that says a whole lot about me, I just don't know what. I'm a mystery.

13 comments:

Helen said...

So jealous that you're going to the grand canyon. I've longed to take my camera there!! Fab layout.

Annie said...

It's the mystery that keeps us coming back for more and don't you ever change cos we love you just the way you are. That's a holiday to really look forward to that's for sure.
Hugs,
Annie x

Kathyk said...

FAB layout, like your comment about being incapable of chronological scrapbooking but .... do you file in your album the same way or chronologically?

Happy Friday

Kathyk

SumBunneh said...

Idaho... hmmmm potatoes!!
Grand Canyon is amazing!!

Sue said...

Hi Julia, Lovely LO. It doesn't matter how far apart you and your sister are in miles, as you will always be close in each others hearts.

My dad visited the Grand Canyon, when he was over in America for his job. He said it took his breath away.

You take care. Sue

Plush Possum Studio said...

I like how you capped your sister + travels story. I guess we both love mysteries. I like 'em old fashioned (Agatha Christie, mainly), but my mom's a mystery lover from way back. See you next Wednesday!
Rose of Rose's Art Garden and
Plush Possum Studio

BJ said...

Gorgeous page Julia. I'm the ordered, chronological kind but whatever rocks your boat I say. Grand Canyon is AMAZING. BJ

Lynnecrafts said...

that's a beautiful photo and layout, Julia,hugs, Lynne #37

Judys Lace Creations said...

Have the most wondefulest hol EVER!!

Andrea said...

Great page Julia and why shouldn't you do pages as and when a photo speaks to you ..maybe that's what I should try ...might mean I get something done!.
The holiday I'm sure will be fabulous and the Grand Canyon awesome.Looking forward to the photos already.Enjoy your reading. crafty hugs Andrea x

Bubbles said...

I'm with you on the Audible - mine are all crimes, murders... ghost stories and gore lol Actually, so is my Kobo - except for the multitude of Christmas tales I have. But, most of those are Christmas crime, ghost and murder stories lol
I like your way of explaining something that I've always told people is me being a disorganised crafter... from now on, I shall people that "I don't craft chronologically" lol.
I love the layout - the colours are awesome, and really show off the photograph beautifully. You both look so happy and relaxed :)

Anonymous said...

Great layout. As I have only done one so far, there is a clear order in my scrapbooking - but that will not last! Idaho and the Grand Canyon. Sounds fabulous. So many photo opportunities. Ali x

Kyla said...

ooh lovely layout. Enjoy your holibobs and spending quality time with your sister-skype is great (as I know with my family in NZ) but its not the same.
Kyla