Friday 19 April 2013

A Spanish Spring: Chapter one

A tale of love, truth and discovery.  Set under a fresh Mediterranean sky amongst citrus orchards and  palm trees.  
Well, OK...a tale of love - after all, I do love Mr Dunnit. A lot. Truth?  Whining that I'd rather be out in the sunshine than sitting inside hemming a pair of curtains. Discovery?  Once done, the curtains look great and the sun was still shining...and more love - he loves it when I stop whining.
So I thought you may like to see something of Spain in April.  Look back in a handful of days if you aren't interested, turns out I took more photos than I thought.  I promise, I'll only publish the vaguely interesting....probably about ten. 
We cycled along an irrigation canal for a handful of miles, flat, well used and smooth road, no hassle at all compared to the 'real' roads, I can tell you!  Of all the farming, it is the citrus that catches me - lovely bright colours and always against such beautiful greens..the orange trees have a particularly dark green leaf, really pretty with the burst of orange against it.  The smell of the orchards was gorgeous. And you can see, with good irrigation, there's no shortage of lemons...most of these were bigger than my fist and as smooth as velvet to touch.  And not one did we pinch. 
I took this from a car park..must have been a golf club - it looks tended.  The bougainvillea was sprouting everywhere, it must last nearly all year round in good care.  You can just see the ground covered in yellow flowers..they were succulents but I know not what.  And way way in the background, the tall palm trees on the edge of the beach.  Really, what's not to like!  Stand back then, fellow tourists..I have Roman ruins and architecture to come!

19 comments:

Helen said...

That's not 10 pics... glad you co-erced your tablet into loading pics though!! We had some sun yesterday then rain then hail then sun again... so you are in the best place!!

Hettie said...

Green with envy here, though we do have some sun.....as Helen has said....four seasons in one day! Sounds like a song!!
Have a great time out there.
Hugs
xx

Krisha said...

Looks like you are having a good time, one you get you way about being in the sun shine. LOL Spain is a place of dreams for me, it's on my Bucket List, right under Greece!

Craftychris said...

Looks gorgeous! I am looking forward to seeing the ruins and architecture xx

fairy thoughts said...

Hi julia gosh you sound poetic, all that sun sea sand and sangria must have done you the power of good. I could do with some of that.
lovely pics
janet

Kirsty.A said...

Just look those blue skies........

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Julia,

Absolutely beautiful!!! Enjoy your time there.

Hugs,
Kay

Redanne said...

Ooooh gorgeous photos Julia, I do love the bougainvillea too - wish I was there instead of living in a building site covered in white dust........ Hugs, Anne x

JoZart Designs said...

Super pics to share and when you get back to Blighty you'll see that Nature is fast catching up for lost time here!
Enjoy the rest of it all...
Jo x

Stitching Lady said...

Post is great - and Mr......is worth being loved!

Neesie said...

Beautiful! I adore lemon trees and could almost smell them.
I've been in New Zealand galavanting so haven't been joining in with WOYWW lately but hope to catch up soon. I have been working promise!
Now I need to go back and catch up with your previous posts..yeah I know I'm nosy! ;)

Debbie Frost said...

Oooh this makes me sooo hanker for Spain! Only 5 weeks & we'll be there! hope you're having a good relax!

Neet said...

Oh to smell the lemons and feel the sun on my face and arms (mentioning arms as I would love to get my jacket off some time!)
Thanks for the visit to SPain
Hugs, Neet xx

KatzElbows said...

It looks fabulous. The pics are great an the thought of all that sun is marvellous. Glad you had time to stop and photograph the bougainvillea.

Kyla said...

Still green with jealousy over here!
Sounds like you are having a fabulous time.
Kyla x

scrappymo! said...

It looks fabulous...fabulous and sunny too! You lucky pair!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! I have a question about WOYWW. I noticed that I was #97 last week and now I'm #102 and my number changed a bit the previous week as well. I know everyone signs their name with the number beside their name and was wondering why it's changing? Help! lol! Thanks Julia. Sue

Almo said...

Ooh! Julia, these pics definitly make me want to be there in the warm sun and blue skys,and the smell of citrus in the air. Glad you had a lovely time with your beloved DH. Hugs Mo x

Unknown said...

Hi Julia

Sounds fabulous - I can smell the bourgonvillia and citrus orchards now. I could really do with a get away myself - but alas, not to be - but I will enjoy some pics from you!!

Not been by much - not been well, but getting back into visiting.

looking forward to seeing the next installment now. I like an ancient ruin or too... I feel just like one myself lol!!!

with love - take care,

Paula x x x