Monday 7 May 2012

View from ....the WOYWW window

This is for Judy...a view from a window!!
It was a Crop weekend.  I spent a day of hilarity and food at Ludgershall Scout Hut with a bunch of my friends, basically.  Chuck in all the packing of craft stuff that my car can hold and the mix is pretty damn perfect.  I managed an admirable four whole finished and journalled LOs.  It probably would have been more, but a story arose and I have to share it with you.  Brace! Brace!  No really, it's important.  Not all of my friends read my blog, and certainly even if they do, they don't all take part in WOYWW.  I mean, they know me...do they wanna be sucked in any deeper? Anyway, four of the girls who come to crop are WOYWWers.  And just before we stopped for lunch on Saturday, Mary Anne presented me with a gift that they'd collaborated to make for me, to celebrate the WOYWW anniversary. (which is at the end of the month).  Diane (Morti to you), took photos...which is alarming really, because I was so utterly surprised and at a loss for words that I can't bear to think how awful they will be..it was not a 'shut your mouth and keep your eyes wide open' moment I can tell you...more a 'can't speak and might cry moment'.  


Here they are, dollies designed to be strung like bunting across my workroom...each one says something about the artist..I will elaborate, and do them real photographic justice I promise, when I've determined the display.  I'm still sort of taking them out of their envelope and just gawping at them...I KNOW how much time and effort and stress is involved in making something particular for someone in particular.  Ally was up half the night and Laura was awake at 5.30am to finish their contributions...I totally get it.  You can see why I am still a bit overwhelmed, huh.  Can you imagine how how much stressing I'll be doing over the 'thank you' cards! 
Anyway, with or without WOYWW, I wanna recommend you go to a Crop.  Take knitting.  Take scrapbook stuff...take whatever you're working on,  but go.  Make some new friends...you will not regret it.

26 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

What a wonderful surprise!!! Very cool. I've been thinking about the ATC to celebrate the WOYWW anniversary.

I had to laugh at the scrapbook page!

Hugs,
Kay

Helen said...

How fantastic!!!And you got so much done again - you're making this crop business very productive lately!!

Elizabeth said...

Brilliant story, brilliantly told as usual and fab dollies. I also like that you scrapped that staged accident - just think what your grandchildren are going to make of that :) Elizabeth x

Unknown said...

What a wonderful surprise, no wonder you are overwhelmed. They are gorgeous.

kay said...

your LO did make me smile,your poor hubby....lol,what a lovely gift from some special friends,x

Hettie said...

If you can get 4 layouts done at a crop you must be not talking Julia...totally unlike you, according to your profile!! Funny layout and fabulous bunting. I wonder what mine would look like! Confused with dancing shoes on most likely - one Scottish dancing and one tap! Have I told you I have started tap dancing now? Hee Hee!

Rita said...

Sounds like fun Julia. Glad you enjoyed yourself too. Hugs Rita xx

KatzElbows said...

Those dolls are so cool. Can't wait to see them as bunting.

Di said...

Great fun from the sounds of it Julia! I think I heard it here in fact :)

Sometime soon Billy No-mates and I could well join you for the fun and frolics!

Di xx

Anonymous said...

Love these dollies!Looking forward to seeing them strung up.

jill said...

What a lovely surprise Julia. Such lovely ladies to want to do that for you.
So glad you had a good time at your crop.

Glenda said...

What a wonderful suprise! Those ladies have done a great job on their dollies and I can't wait to see them displayed. So glad you are enjoying your crops!

Carmen said...

Such a gorgeous and thoughtful present. Can't wait to see them strung up (in a nice way *g*)

The scrapbook page is brilliant, did make me laugh!

You know, I keep thinking I wish I knew more arty crafty people locally, maybe I should just take the plunge and find somewhere local to pop along to.

Morti said...

LOL - so glad you liked them! Don't you dare go and do a thank you card, Mrs! Mine is by way of a thank you to YOU - I've made some fab friends, and had such a laugh, since discovering WOYWW. I can't even remember how I stumbled across it in the first place, but I'm so glad I did. So, no thanks necessary.... just glad you liked them.

As for the ladder layout, that will always be a source of amusement to me and always brings a chuckle to my heart. So, so funny....how ace that you've done a LO for it.

Belinda Basson said...

The dolls look like they could do the YMCA in WOYWW style...? Had me chuckling...love the staged photo.

Unknown said...

wow that is cool...what great special friends
-KAT-

Polly Polkadot said...

umm, what is crop? (I've been to embarressed to ask before!).

misteejay said...

How fabulous Julia - can't wait to see where they will 'live' in your work space.

I love the photo on the LO - just perfect LOL

Toni xx

Redanne said...

The dollies are absolutely brilliant Julia and they must mean a great deal to you. Love the photo in the layout, made me laugh out loud! Fantastic. Anne x PS

I am getting mega stressed over doing an ATC - they are so small.....

BumbleVee said...

I've heard the word crop before ...but, don't really know what it is ... now I have to go googling .....again...sigh..no wonder I never get much done around here...

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked them - we had fun making them, even if my horrible internet made the organization difficult. The ladies were troopers, coming thru as they did. You didn't really have much trouble figuring out who did each one did you? You know us too well.

Mary Anne

fairy thoughts said...

what a fab surprise, you must feel very chuffed.So that's what the ladder was doing all that time!
janet

Serendipity Stamping said...

Such a lovely surprise and how very clever of your friends. No one does workshops around here any more, although I did hear of a little shop up the highway in Ruskin, but that is all I know. May check it out after my holiday. Take care and keep on having fun!

SusanLotus said...

I love your wonderful dollies and wait to see them finished. I´mk sure they will be gorgeous.

Have a nice WOYWW day! It´s sp fun that you are organizing this every week for us. :)

Hugs
Susan

RosA said...

Oooh, they are soooo cute! How nice to see some of your WOYWW friends in person! I have one, IRL, that is, and we will catch up over lunch in a few weeks time. With "show and tell" too, of course.

SandeeNC said...

The dollies are adorable, what great friends! I really, really want to know more about the LO though...I wish I could read the journaling! mr. D. playing around? lol I'm nosey I admit it, but then I am a WOYWWer after all! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)