I thought you may like to know that this Monday, today, only the first in December and the 'oh-my-word-it's-closer-than-I-thought' day for kerjillions of us, is the 'big list' day for me.
|This year's present list...turned up pages mean they're ready....|
- I need a list of Christmas cards to be written...subdivided into a list of those to be posted and those to be hand delivered.
- I therefore need at list on my workdesk of the number of cards I still have to make!
- I need a list of the presents left to be brought. Not many, but you don't wanna be forgetting one because it wasn't on your mind at the right time!
- I need a list of the 'bits and pieces' left to buy - you know, batteries, the odd stocking filler and such.
- I need a list to be made as I wrap gifts - I put them all under the tree (because I love the look of my matching wrappings and ribbons before they get jumbled up with others that don't match!). But I need to be sure that on the right day, we take the right presents. It may be obvious that if you're going to your Mum's you need to take hers, but there's loads of other people who will be there that you won't see otherwise...and if there's a list, I don't have to be the one to make sure that the right presents are loaded...one less job. Cunning!
- I need a list of essentials that we'll need over the holiday. But not the essentials of everyday or other holidays. Tonic water, bottled lemon slices, cherries are good examples. Not a weekly grocery list essential, but definitely a Christmas list essential!
- I need a list of the customers that our new Company has enjoyed this year, there are more, quite important cards to be made.
- I probably need a list of last posting dates.
- I need a food shopping list. It starts off at this time, a horrendously long and frightening affair, but I wrestle with it over the next 13 days or so and as things get crossed off, so it stops looking like a dinosaur sitting in my path!
- I have a list of presents I'd like for myself, as I do for Mr D and Miss D. I keep them on my phone and top them up whenever either of them mention anything, at any time of the year. This efficiency is then utterly ignored because I forget to refer to it when shopping. I'm such a luddite. I still need lists on paper!